Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

WSDL output to TextField

Former Community Member
I have created a WS that pulls specific information from the DB using a queryMultipleToXml and it returns a string. I created my data connection as a WSDL and can see the results after the button click on the form:<br /><br /><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><br /><UID1><br /> <UID2><br /> <uidstring type="VARCHAR">kevbom</uidstring><br /> </UID2><br /></UID1><br /><br />I want to take the value of "uidstring" (which is 'kevbom') and populate this into a textfield.
7 Replies

Former Community Member
If the field already exists on your form simply drag and drop the uidsting node in the dataview onto the appropriate field (a binding expression will be created and the two will be bound together). When you execute the WS the results for that node will appear in your field.

If the field does not exist, you can drag and drop the uidstring node onto the form anywhere you want the Fields to appear and it will create one for you. From this point the binding is the same.

Former Community Member
Paul,

I can get the XML to show up in the fields, but I need to break it down and just pull out the name stored in the uidstring. Is there a way to parse the XML and just use the uidstring entry?

Former Community Member
You are returning complete XML to the form. You can load it into a hidden field then parse it ...or load it into the datadom and get it out of the dom. Designer only knows that you are returning XML but not what the structure of it is so you cannot build a binding expression.

Former Community Member
I have been trying to look up how to load the data into the DOM, but can't find a good place that explains it, can you point me in the right direction as to where to look.

Former Community Member
Post your email address and I will send you a sample