Expand my Community achievements bar.

Wrapping multiple text lines

Former Community Member
This may be difficult to explain, but I am not seeming to find the exact wording in my searches so I am going to ask here...

I have several lines of text boxes at the end of a form, and rather than making it all one big block of text and wrapping text within the box, there are several individual lines of text, and I would like to limit the length of each line to the display, and then wrap it to the next text line if it is too long.

Thanks for the help.
8 Replies

Former Community Member
How is the data getting into the fieds in the 1st place ...is a user typing it in?

Former Community Member
Yes, it is a form. the end of the form looks similar to:

Describe this thing: ________________________________________________

so in order to follow the lines (rather than a text block that wrapped and could be offset from the lines on the original application), each one became a new field. I am trying to figure a way, like in illustrator, to have two or more boxes linked together so when the user finishes the first line it automatically goes to the next, and so on till the end line where it just wont let them go on unless they tab to the next field.

Former Community Member
- add a text field (I will call it textField1)

- change the Appearance to Underlined

- check the Field attribute 'Limit length to visible area'

- add multiple text fields (copy-paste or by using Copy Multiple from the tool bar) where each instance has the Field attribute 'Limit length to visible area'

- on textField1, go to the Full event and add client-side JavaScript

xfa.host.setFocus("textField2");

- for each successive text field, go to the Full event and add client-side JavaScript so focus is set to the next text field

Former Community Member
That makes sense, but i am not sure what you mean by Full event. I have renamed the fields to be a group by themselves, that are listed lines 0-6, but where do i find the Full event in relation to a selected text field?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Former Community Member
Ah. I think you are referring to Text objects (used for print and fill forms) and I am referring to TextField objects (used for fill and print forms). Text objects do not have events, whereas TextField objects have a complete event life cycle.

Former Community Member
S L

It does list the type of object as a Text Field... at least i believe it does. I select the object, and open the Object - Field Tab and the Type is Text Field. I have tab options for Value and Binding for this object, but nothing that says anything like "event".

Do you think I am missing it or is something wrong with my field?

Former Community Member
Could you send the form to stwalker.adobe@gmail.com? I will take a look.

Former Community Member
S L

I sent it. Thanks for looking at it. I think it is correct in the types of fields, but maybe I am mistaken.