Expand my Community achievements bar.

Workspace URL Parameter - startEndpoint does not work

Former Community Member
According to http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/wb_help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=Workbe... , I should be able to create a link that will take a user directly into Workspace to the form to launch a specific form. It works fine for the startPage parameter, when trying to go directly to my todo list, startProcess and tracking. But, the startEndpoint parameter does not work. It just takes me into my favorites folder with absolutely no "cards" or processes available. When I navigate to other categories, I see no available "cards" or forms. I have to close the browser and log back in to see anything.

The format of the URL with the parameter is http://servername/workspace?startEndpoint=My Process.My Endpoint

Can anyone tell me if this is a bug and if there is a fix?

Thanks
8 Replies

Level 2
In your example, It looks like you have a space in your process name. You might want to try %20 but I can't be certain that works. I assume that your servername includes the port number as well. Can you confirm?

Former Community Member
My original process name did have a space, so I tried one with no spaces and it still did not work. I did include the port number and it does not work. Keep in mind that it works for the todo list parameter, but not the startEndpoint parameter.

Former Community Member
Hey Jasmin or flexairlr,

Anyone have any ideas? Is this a bug in Workspace?

Level 10
I just tried it and it worked for me. I used http://localhost:8080/workspace?startEndpoint=ApprovalSample.ApprovalSample

and I got the form open automatically.

Do you have the security setup properly on the endpoint?

Can you start the form when you just log into workspace without the query string parameter?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
For me it worked with Firefox for all invocations but it failed randomly with IE.

Also, with Firefox, the submit button sometimes shows the Flex (Workspace) button and sometimes it is just a button on the Form instead of Workspace.

All my tests were on 8.2.1 SP1.

Level 10
FYI, there are issues with Firefox 3.x at the moment.

We're looking into it but at the moment it's not a supported browser.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Hi Jasmin,

We've reinstalled the LiveCycle software on a new machine with the latest releases of the software and we're still experiencing the problem. When I use the start endpoint URL parameter, it opens workspace and the category of "Favorites" opens up, but on the right side, I see a green background with no form opening up. Occasionally, the form will open up, but the green background is still visible around it and the "complete" button never appears. Then, I cannot navigate around through the other categories of forms, they all show up blank with no "cards" visible in the right hand side of the screen, when there should be cards (forms).

I'm wondering if there is some sort of flash error that corrupts the session? If I close the browser down and reopen, I can successfully navigate through workspace. The start endpoint URL parameter still does not work though.

We're using IE 6 for this by the way.

Any thoughts? If not we'll just open a ticket on monday. Thanks!

Eric

Former Community Member
This is a bug and being looked at internally. It will mostly be fixed in 8.2.1 SP2.