Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Workspace error

Former Community Member

Hi,

I cannot log into workspace at all. I dont get a "authentication failed" error. Just a note to contact that administrator.

I have worked through the Guides and Process exercises but cannot do the final testing in workspace. Accessing Workbench produces no problems.

I am attaching the image of the error i am receiving, as well as the start up time claimed by JBoss. It's something to the effect of 430m but it was about 30+-.

Thanks

Tys

7 Replies

Level 3

Wow, shouldn't take that long to start up. Did you shut down / restart with the same results?

I'm disconnected right now so I can't see the attached error.

Also, what is the configuration of the machine you are running the image on? Wondering if you are having memory/space issues.

Cheers,

Val

(Please excuse typo's, this was sent from my handheld device.)

Former Community Member

Val,

I have restarted with the same results. Although the log entry for the start up time was correct.

I am running the previous version MacBook Pro, Dual Core, 4Gb of RAM.

When i only have the VM open I can actually work through the exercises, albeit slow. But I am managing.

Thanks

Tys

Former Community Member

How much memory have you allocated to the VM, not just how much is on the machine. I think the VM was initially configured with 3Gig and 2 processors. When I tried to reduce the memory of the VM (because my laptop only had 3 gig so I couldn't give it that much) I had similar problems.

Please check your VM still has 3Gig of memory available. You may be able to reduce it to 1 processor though if your machine only has 2 physical processors.

The startup time indicates to me that your machine is swapping like crazy.

Jim

Former Community Member

When I had a similar issue that turned out to be memory related, I let the VM start up (about 30 minutes), then clicked the workspace link in the browser. It seems that Workspace is the very last thing to be deployed before the server finishes the startup sequence.

Once Workspace displayed correctly, I took a snapshot of the machine. That way, I could easily get back to the starting point with a running server. I don't have to wait the 30 minutes next time if I want to start over on a new lab.

Of course, I never shut down the VM - just suspend it.

Jim

Level 3

One favor, please add the log file or an extract of the error in text as I'm having some issues with the context of the 4 lines you identified in the screengrab.

Cheers,

Val

Level 3

I'm going to flag this as assumed answered.

Cheers,

Val