Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Workflow + Workflow Designer not in Zip?

Former Community Member
Hello,

the overview document of Assembler states on page 6 that the following components are included on the installation CD: Watched Folders, QPACS and Workflow and Workflow Designer(limited use license). I did not receive a CD, but downloaded the software, and could not find a Workflow directory in the zip. Do I have to download the Workflow software and use the same license key as for the Assembler to get the 'limited use license'? Or is the Workflow included in the Watched Folders installation? (I doubt it, I know how big Workflow is, and the Designer is normally installed separately) Or is the .zip file something missing?

Regards, Karin
6 Replies

Former Community Member
I think the Assembler zip contains only LiveCycle_Assembler, LiveCycle_Assembler_QPacs and Watched_Folder - yes? The separate workflow zip probably contains AdobeLiveCycleWorkflow7.2 and AdobeLiveCycleWorkflow7.2Designer. The CD image likely contains both of those in 2 different folders or .zip files.

Workflow server and designer are separate pieces with separate serial numbers. I believe that purchasing Assembler gets you a serial number for Assembler itself as well as the watched folder and the limited-use license of the Workflow pieces.

I'm not 100% sure of all this, but hopefully someone from Adobe can comment officially.

Former Community Member
Thanks Don,

you don't happen to know if I also need to install Forms and Form Manager along with Workflow or is it sufficient to install just Workflow (Server) and Workflow Designer? As mentioned before I don't have the DVD, so I don't know what is provided on the DVD.

Thanks!

Regards, Karin

Former Community Member
You don't need to install Forms or Form Manager with Workflow; you'd only need to install those products if you needed their functionality. In fact, if you want to use Assembler through an EJB interface, you don't even need Workflow - just a vanilla Assembler install would suffice. To use Assembler through a web service or a watched folder, you'd need to install both Assembler and Workflow.

Don

Former Community Member
Hi everybody,

Don i'd like to know more about this EJB solution (see my post in this Forum http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc11c09).

Is there anywhere an example or tutorial helping me to realize how to achieve the invocation of the assembler without Workflow and WatchedFolder?

Thanks

Valerio

Former Community Member
I've responded in the other thread. The short answer is that the Assembler/Documentation and Assembler/samples directories should have the info you're looking for.

Don

Former Community Member
Hi Don,

i'd like to thank you here and also refer to my own thread.

Valerio