Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Workflow Completes - Route not followed

Former Community Member
I'm attempting to put together a very simple workflow which involves an approval process with two levels. When the form is initially created and submitted it is successfully assigned to a "User Service" "Assign Task" step. However, when a user modifies the forms contents in Workspace and then presses the Submit button, the service completes rather than proceeding along one of two routes that should connect it to either another "Assign Task" step (the second level of approval in my workflow) or, if the user selects a "Reject" check box, to a step that sends an email to indicate that the form has been rejected. Presumably, I'm making some basic mistake in how the Assign Task, Route, or Button is configured - can anybody suggest possible causes of this problem?
6 Replies

Level 10
If you have two routes coming out of a step, the process will follow one route for sure.

Now you need to make sure of the route evaluation. In you first "User Service" go under Route evaluation and make sure it evaluates the route you think it is first. I've made that mistake several time.

You can also check which route the item followed with the adminui (http://localhost:8080/adminui). Go under Services/Process Management/Process Search. Then select the process name and search for it. Finally click on the Process ID and you should see where it went.

Also make sure you start task (green arrow) is on the first user service. Sometimes, people add more service but forget to change the start task, so you process still begins on the second step.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Thanks Jasmin,

I even tried simplifying the workflow so that only one route exists between the two User Services in the workflow - but the process seems to be "stuck" an the first User Service. I looked at the process in the admin GUI and it shows a RUNNING status at the first User Service - if I drill down on the Task ID for this operation it says its completed... so I'm not clear what is going on. I would have presumed that the submit button would have resulted in a route evaluation occuring - but that just doesn't appear to be happening.

Level 10
Can you check if there are any stalled items Services/Process Management/Stalled Operation Error.

Are there any errors in the app server log file. If you are using JBoss it'll under c:/Adobe/LiveCycle8/jboss/server/all/logs/server.log

Are you using an xfaForm variable that points to an XDP or a PDF?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Thanks Jasmin,

My xfaForm variable points to a PDF.

The log shows errors - I've pasted a few sections that seem useful below...

2007-11-16 14:01:12,500 INFO [STDOUT] Nov 16, 2007 2:01:12 PM com.adobe.idp.jobmanager.ejb.JobManagerBean completeJob

SEVERE: JobManagerBean:completeJob:exception:Cannot coerce object: 514 of type: java.lang.Long to type: class com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.form.impl.xfa.XFARepositoryFormInstance

2007-11-16 14:01:12,500 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor] RuntimeException in method: public abstract java.lang.Object com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterLocal.doSupports(com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.TransactionDefinition,com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.TransactionCallback) throws com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCException:

ALC-DSC-000-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCRuntimeException: Internal error

2007-11-16 14:01:12,500 INFO [STDOUT] Nov 16, 2007 2:01:12 PM com.adobe.idp.event.notification.NotificationManagerImpl deliverNotificationToService

SEVERE: Notification could not be delivered to registered subscriber. Reason: Internal error.

2007-11-16 14:01:12,500 INFO [STDOUT] Nov 16, 2007 2:01:12 PM com.adobe.idp.event.notification.NotificationManagerImpl setNotificationDeliveryFailure

INFO: Attempting to disable the notification after delivery.

2007-11-16 14:01:12,515 INFO [STDOUT] Nov 16, 2007 2:01:12 PM com.adobe.idp.event.notification.NotificationManagerImpl setNotificationDeliveryFailure

INFO: Attempting to disable the notification after delivery.

2007-11-16 14:01:12,515 INFO [STDOUT] Nov 16, 2007 2:01:12 PM com.adobe.idp.event.util.EventDBHelper getActiveEventByPrimaryKey

INFO: Event with id 552 is already disabled, EventService will not deliver notification.

2007-11-16 14:01:12,515 INFO [STDOUT] Nov 16, 2007 2:01:12 PM com.adobe.idp.event.notification.NotificationManagerImpl updateEventStatus

INFO: Event with id 552 is already inactive.Event instance with id 552 is inactive for TaskCompleted

Level 10
So it looks like it's trying to put the Form (xfaForm) into a variable of type Long. Are you using a Long variable somewhere?

What's the Form Data Mapping set to for your User service.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Thanks Jasmin!

The problem ended up being that I had an invalid reference to the "Task id" field in the "Form Data Mappings" field. I changed this to reference /process_data/@id and the workflow now functions as expected. Again, I greatly appreciate your help!