Expand my Community achievements bar.

Windows Active Directory and LC authentication

Former Community Member
hmmm... I have another reinstall issue. I feel I had to essentially uninstall and reinstall due to making a change in the Active Directory on my developer's machine, learning that removing AD loses JBoss authentication (is there something I needed to do or should've done before I ran DCPROMO to remove the AD Mockup I did for a client's environment?)

Anyway, after stopping all services, removing the LiveCycle install and rebooting - then reinstalling Livecycle - everything went fine until installation got to "LiveCycle ES Database Initialization" - clicking the "Initialize" button yields an error:

Bootstrapping Error: ALC-TTN-103-000

Failed on step 'Invoking component bootstrapper' of task 'Bootstrapping User Manager'

ALC-TTN-103-000: Bootstrapping request failed on server. Message from server:

ALC-TTN-011-003: Bootstrapping failed for platform component [UserManager]. The wrapped exceptions's message reads:

Failure to load Configuration default. error:java.lang.RuntimeException: nullexecute query failure(select * from EDCCONFIGURATIONENTITY where (EDCCONFIGURATIONENTITY.name like binary ? and ISNULL(EDCCONFIGURATIONENTITY.parent)) limit 1)

Any ideas??? Did I not completely remove something during uninstall?

Laz
9 Replies

Former Community Member
Update: I've been pulling my hair on this... I CAN'T get the TURNKEY option screen to come up at all!!!! I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling ALL DAY - trying everything I can think of. I even manually went in and removed the MySQL and JBoss entries in the HKLM hives of the Win2K3 registry (since the uninstallation didn't remove them). But, no matter what, I am NOT getting the option to re-install the App Server nor the MySQL server. What the ????

Please - I need this system running ASAP!!! I can't afford this kind of crap... How can I tell potential customers how great this stuff is when I can't even do a simple uninstall and re-install to a generic state???

Laz

Former Community Member
Check to see if you havethis directory present after you remove the product

C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Universal\Adobe\LC8.2

If so remove the adobe directory and install again .....this shoudl give you the Turnkey install screen

Level 4
Lazlo:

The turnkey is great if you just install it and then just use it. Making config changes after the fact etc is ugly.

Consider a manual JBoss install/config. It's tedious but you get complete control of your environment. You know where you changed things. You would know the dependencies. And, here's the best part, you can zip it up and archive it. Unzip it and deploy it on any machine with only small changes

For now, search for a folder called Gen1 on your hard disk, and delete it. Make sure the JBoss and MySQL services are removed. Try the install again.

Former Community Member
Yes - that directory does exist. Can't be removed if the installer is currently running. Exitting the installer allows removing...

*SCORE* You are the MAN!!! After removing the Adobe folder within the InstallShield area of Common Files, and re-running the installer, then entering the serial number - I FINALLY got the "Type of Installation" screen. This was missing for all the other attempts.

THANKS! THANKS A LOT! :)

Laz

Former Community Member
Hi,

I have this identical issue but my installation is over websphere/aix 5.3. would you know the reasons for this error...??

Thank you.

Artur

Former Community Member
Hi all

During the installation of LC ES8.2. Presently i am on Configuration manager and Getting the error message when i tried to initialize the database.

Bootstrapping Error: ALC-TTN-103-000

Failed on step 'Invoking component bootstrapper' of task 'Bootstrapping User Manager'

ALC-TTN-103-000: Bootstrapping request failed on server. Message from server:

ALC-TTN-011-003: Bootstrapping failed for platform component [UserManager]. The wrapped exceptions's message reads:

Failed to loadConfiguration default. error.com.ibm.ejs.container.UnknownLocalException

Can anyone please help me iin this context as i am new to this product.

Level 2
We were also facing the same issue.

when we checked the application server log, it said, cannot create/write to a file present in C:\SYSROOT\Temp

We checked that this folder was not present (C:\SYSROOT\Temp)

We created this folder, and the installation continued fine.

Former Community Member

We are getting same error on AIX 6.1, Websphere 7.0, DB2 9.7. We are also doing LiveCycle ES 9.1 reinstallion.

Someone got the same error on AIX?