Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

why submit button is not embedded in workspace?

Former Community Member
I'm developing a process in workbench in wich I create a PDF that have to be digitally signed in workspace. there are three sign fields for three different peoples. When first user open the PDF in workspace the submit button does't appear in the right bottom corner as usually.

I'have to insert a submit button inside pdf form. Anyone can tell me the reason why?

thank you in advance
9 Replies

Former Community Member
Are you using a document form or an xfaForm variable? As well which renderer are you using.

Former Community Member
Workspace is designed to invoke a submit button on the pdf. The Workspace Complete button in the chrome will only be displayed if a submit button is found in the pdf. If no submit buttons can be found or if more than 1 submit button is found then the Workspace Complete button will not be visible. The latter case the user must click the button on the form.

Given that a submit button can be configured to submit xdp data, pdf, xml data,... Workspace relies on the user designing the form how the data should be routed.

Hope that's clear.

Former Community Member
I'm using document form variable.

The renderer was redefined to inject reader extension and data into document form

Former Community Member
If you are using Reader Extensions then ensure that operation is called after the Inject Form Bridge operation.

Former Community Member
Then you will have to put the Process Fields XFO as well as the form bridge XFO onto your form when you design it.

Former Community Member
Similar to my post in the Workbench stream for Initiate Workflow by modifying form permissions:

You will have to be using Reader 8 to get chrome buttons to display when using RE. Reader 7 will only present the buttons included in the form and will not display the chrome buttons following RE.

This info may be relevant to the above stream.

Former Community Member
We expect the pdf form to have a submit button to be able to route the posted data. Buttons can be configured to post different types of data (e.g. xdp, pdf, xml,..). This is done in the Form Designer and the Workspace app has no knowledge of how the data should be submitted.

So currently you won't be able to route any pdf that does not have a submit button.

Former Community Member
Hi, I'm having a similar problem where the complete button is not appearing but it seems to be only when i'm rendering in firefox 3. I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue

Former Community Member
We do not support Firefox 3 yet. You will have to move to firefox 2.