Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Which QPACS to use to prepopulate form, render as pdf and send via e-mail?

Former Community Member
Hi,

What I want to do is

- query a database

- populate a form template according to the query

- render the template as pdf

- send the form to multiple users (queried from a database)

I learned, that the Form Server Render QPAC only merges a form variable into a form template, not XML data (
Adobe Forums - Form Server Render Form). So I wonder, if there's another way of merging the results of a database query in a form template.

Does anyone ever did that?

Or is there a way to create a form variable dynamically from the results of a database query?

Regards,

Steve
7 Replies

Level 9
Hi

We've updated RenderPlus to do XML as well as form variables. Please download from:

http://www.avoka.com/betaqpacs/QPAC_RenderPlus.jar

Please let us know if you have any problems (or success) with this version.

Howard

Former Community Member
Thank you.

Well, the RenderPlus QPAC works fine as long as we don't use XML-input-data, which contain special characters. If I put one or more special characters in an XML variable and then try to render the PDF, the RenderPlus stalls and throws an Exception:

com.adobe.formServer.interfaces.RenderFormException: java.lang.Exception: xmldata: Invalid byte 2 of 4-byte UTF-8 sequence.

at com.adobe.formServer.client.EJBClient.renderForm(EJBClient.java:353)

at com.avoka.workflow.qpac.renderplus.RenderPlusService.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.PEUtil.executeAction(PEUtil.java:184)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean.executeAction(ProcessEngineBMTBean.java:1457)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean.asyncExecuteActionCommand(ProcessEngineBMTBean.java:1412)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor265.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

Is there a special way to deal with special characters in XML for the RenderPlus QPAC to work?

Regards,

Steve

Level 9
Hi Steve

What is the special character, and how are you specifying it in the XML?

The exception you're getting is actually coming from the Adobe Form Server api, so perhaps you should repost this error on the LC Forms list, and see if anyone there has an answer.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Thank you, Howard. I experimented with European characters. Especially French, Spanish and German ones. I'm further investigating the exception. I suppose, it's was my fault...

Steve

Level 9
Hi Steve

Please don't apologise :-)

It may not necessarily be your fault.

I had a closer look - the Forms apis expect a byte array, and the workflow apis return a string. It may be that in converting from a string to a byte array, something is going wrong.

Please send an example of your xml to support @ avoka.com, and we'll take a look at it.

Howard

Level 9
Hi Steve

Could you please provide an example of an xdp file and an xml file containing non-English characters. Please send to support "at" avoka.com.

Thanks,

Howard

Level 9
Hi

We've built an updated version of RenderPlus that may! solve your problem. We're unable to test untill we have an example from you.

However, if you send an email to support"at"avoka.com, we'll send you a QPAC you can try.

Regards,

Howard

http://www.avoka.com