Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

where is the javadoc for patExecContext ?

Former Community Member
can anyone tell me where this stuff is please ?
11 Replies

Level 4
The documentation has been "about to be posted" since March, see KB article here:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb402587&sliceId=1

And discussion on LiveDocs page here:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/es/wb_help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=Workben...

I had submitted a list I created of all the methods available on this object by locating and examining the jar using eclipse and jarsearch, but the comment has not appeared on the LiveDocs page as yet (several weeks ago now), so I assume it was rejected for some reason, hence I will not repost the list here.

Former Community Member
Thanks Robert, could I impose on you to email me that list please?

danny.marandola@mediacontinuum.com

Former Community Member
Or minimally could you tell me which jar to examine ?

Level 10
This will be corrected in the next release of the product. There will be javadoc for the patExecContext object.

Documentation is also looking at posting a Tech Note on the web site for 8.0 users. This should be posted very soon.

I'll keep you posted.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
My apologies for the delay in getting the Knowledge Base article updated. It is now updated:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewdocument.do?externalId=kb402587

thanks

scott

Former Community Member
It says:

We're sorry, but this Document is not currently available

Level 4
Looks like the Knowledge base was temporarily down, because it seems to be back now.

Level 3

patExecContext is an instance of com.adobe.workflow.pat.service.PATExecutionContextImpl found in adobe-wkf-client.jar which in turn is in (on a turn-key JBoss on Windows system) \Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\jboss\server\lc_turnkey\deploy\adobe-livecycle-jboss.ear.  I unpacked all that and added the necessary jar files to a Java project in Eclipse so I could at least use the context helper to discover the methods in the object.  IIRC there wasn't much really useful there - mostly the accessor methods associated with LiveCycle process variables.

Former Community Member

I created a fake PatExecContext with stubbed out methods. I then use the below snippet so I can edit my BeanShell code in my editor. Being that Workbench is in Eclipse, it would be awesome if Adobe could make it automatically do the same thing when you edit the script code.

/**

* ******** Copy imports from above *********

*/

public class Test {

public void test() throws Exception {

PatExecContext patExecContext = new PatExecContext();

/*********** Copy code below **********/

/*********** Copy code above **********/

}

}