Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Where is my beloved LiveCycle?

Level 4

I just updated my Enterprise Cafe and opened it to find not my beloved little blue LC icon for LiveCycle but this new imposter icon that looks like a doily my grandmother used to have on her cocktail table.

Promise me that you are not phasing out LiveCycle. I truly love this program. I love that we are able to make magic happen on our forms.  I work for the state and we only use LiveCycle as a forms designer program (at least in my department) and I started with version 7 being given the program and told to "figure it out". LiveCycle and I have had many emotional days. Some giddily embracing and some locked in a death struggle. But we persevered and grew together into this wonderful bond of loyalty I've never experienced with my human counterparts.

But I felt stabbed in the heart this morning by this mask my LiveCycle is wearing.  Assure me that I will still have a place in LiveCycle's life as it grows into something greater than it's ever been. I'll be there for you, LiveCycle....don't forget me.

3 Replies

Level 4

No, LiveCycle is not going away.  It's just becoming a part of a larger platform called the Adobe Digital Enterprise Platform.

Jayan did a great job of summarizing this in his LiveCycle Product blog entry.

Hopefully that will answer your questions in more detail.

Level 4

What impact, if any, will this have on the certification as a LiveCycle Designer? I have been thinking of taking the accredidation test offered thru Adobe.  My local training accademy offers LiveCycle classes but for the past couple of months have not been able to locate any instructors for this 9.0 version of LiveCycle. I already teach classes in another  subject and was interested in becoming certified to teach LiveCycle. Is the testing still going to be offered?

Level 2

We currently have a certification exam for Designer ES2.  You can get the details and a study guide on the certification website:  http://www.adobe.com/support/certification/exams/.

We are in the process of updating all our enterprise exams for the ADEP launch.  The updated Designer exam should be available in September.  If you have any specific questions on the LC related exams, feel free to email me directly at bobailey @ adobe.com.

Bob