Expand my Community achievements bar.

Validating form during offline submit

Level 4
hi...

I need help in one scenario...

A user fills a form offline and uploads it for submission. In this case, if the validations are not successful... will the form be submitted?

How can we check for validations at the time when user is uploading the form?

Is there any process which can run Java script at the time of submit?

I read one article, on Running Scripts, which specifies about client and server validations but it mentioned that server should have access to the form fields for running server validations.

Can anyone, explain me the "server access" term?

Please, help me out...

Thanks and Regards,

Ambika
3 Replies

Former Community Member
When you try to submit all validations on the form are run. If a validation fails then the validation failed message will appear. The user must fix the error before they can submit. You can set script to run server side but this is only useful when you are using LiveCycle to render the form for you.

Level 4
Thanks Paul for ur reply...

Let me elaborate my scenario, "User fills in a form. This is an offline activity. There are some validation errors. User saves the form with those errors. N after sometime, he uploads it on a portal for submission."

Now, how to check for the validations at this point when the form is uploaded on the portal?

Please provide ur suggestions, on this specific scenario.

Thanks and Regards,

Ambika

Former Community Member
They will not be allowed to submit through the PDF until the validations are rectified.