Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Using XPATH to populate a drop down with custom text enabled?

Not applicable
Hello,

I am using the custom state field provided by Adobe Form Designer 7.1, and I checked the option to allow custom text entry.

Within my workflow, I have script that will access the XDP path and set the state to a string. I get the _state value from a DB query (where _state = _rs.getString(#)), but here I'll use a static value to provide a good example:

String xdproot = "/process_data/appform/form-data/data/xdp/datasets/data/App";

String _state = "Fl";

patExecContext.setProcessDataValue( xdproot + "/State", _state );

When I received the form from the workflow (via email) my other fields were set properly, but the state field was blank.

Should I use setProcessDataStringValue?

Thanks for your help!

Rob
2 Replies
HowardTreisman
Level 9
Level 9
Hi Rob

I don't believe using StringValue will make any difference. If you're passing a string, it should amount to the same thing.

Some things to try:

Try setting the value using the SetValue QPAC - does that work?

Try testing your form by setting an XML file containing "Fl" in the state field as your preview data (In Designer, File/Form Properties)

Try using the Variable Logger to check the data in your form is set correctly.

http://www.avoka.com/Avoka/qpac_library.shtml

Are you using Reader 8.1. We've experienced several problems with DropDowns in 8.1. Try using 7.0.5 or greater.

Good luck...

Howard

http://www.avoka.com
Not applicable
That was it... Reader 8.1.

I opened the same document within 8.0 and the data showed up correctly. I'll log a bug with Adobe to see if they have a workaround for it as we are using out form for outside employees and we have no control with what reader they use.

Thanks for your input Howard, I appreciate your help 🙂