Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Using Barcoded forms

Former Community Member
Hi all,

for using barcoded forms, I need a separate license from LiveCycle Designer?

I cannot find some item in my environment (following the Help menu).

Thanks a lot.

Luigi
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Luigi,

I think you are referring to the dialogue that pops up when you drag a Paper Forms Barcode object on to the form template.

The license requirement is a reference to the LiveCycle ES server products (Barcoded Forms ES or Reader Extensions ES).

You are free to design forms using the Paper Forms Barcode. However, once the forms are filled electronically using Reader and printed to paper, your ability to read the barcode from the document image is dependent upon the use of Barcoded Forms ES or Reader Extensions ES.

If you have more questions, please contact me at stwalker@adobe.com.

Steve

Former Community Member

Hi, i am using adobe livecycle designer ES2 to create barcoded forms with a barcode to be decoded using a handheld scanner. I have managed to do this successfully but when i scan the barcode on the form the data looks jibberish. I would like to view the data i entered in the fields in plain text as they were entered.

Is this a license issue?

Former Community Member

Yes it is if you are referring to the Paper Forms Barcode. For a barcode to be readable, by any decoding hardware or software, the form must be either filled with Acrobat or Reader-extended with a barcode right for Reader clients.

Steve

Former Community Member

I wanted to test the barcode reading with my hardware. IS it possible to get a trial barcode right for the reader?