Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using Adobe Pro in LiveCycle preview.

Level 2

Hello all,

I've been working with liveCycle Designer for the past 6 month and i never had any issues with the form preview "beside some odly crash from time to time".

Yesterday the IT department installed Adobe Reader on my PC, since then if I go in preview I always get an error message that the data cannot be saved.

I also cannot access the javascript debug wiindow when in preview.

Is there a way to force LC to use Adobe Pro XI when previewing?
I tried associating the extension of pdf and other adobe format to Adobe Pro but still have same behavior

Thanks

4 Replies

Level 2

Hi yanip,

preview within LC Designer works only with Internet Explorer. You must enable the PDF preview Option in Internet Explorer.

See here: Display PDF in browser Adobe Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC

Hope this helps.

Best

Dietmar

Level 2

Hello Dietmar,

Thanks for the quick reply,

Indeed disabling acrobat reader in the Toobar and Addon in IE has affected liveCycle preview behavior.

If i disable it I'm asked to download / open the pdf file on my local machine.

The problem still remains the same tho, i cannot access the javascript console using the "ctrl + j" key anymore.

And when i open a form i have a warning "in purple" that the data cannot be saved "as if acrobat ready took over Acrobat pro which was installed before".

I could open the form in adobe pro everything i make a small modification but this would be cumbersome to open it everytime then close it again ...

Level 2

Hi yanip,

I'm not quite sure, but has Acrobat Reader a JavaScript debug window?  Debugging requires coding possibilities, and this can be done with Adobe Acrobat (or pro or LC Designer).

Best

Dietmar

Level 2

Hello alassir,
I had the it deparment remove the acrobat reader software and since then its been working perfectly.