Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

use of oledb database connection in input form of process

Former Community Member
I've created dynamic pdf form with data connection to mssql database and with script that automatically adds rows to table and fills fields.

When I try to open this form as input form for my process in workspace it generates an error: Unable to create SOM expression. That means that sql database connection works not properly.

How can I fix this? Is it possible to use data connection to oledb database in the input form?
6 Replies

Former Community Member
Have you gotten an answer on this? I just got the same error today and do not know what it is.

Thanks,

John

Former Community Member
Hi, John.

Unfortunately I haven't found solution for this occurrence. But I suppose using explicit connection to database isn't the best decision for business processes. Therefore it was replaced in our case with some kind of process utilizing adobe jdbc service.

Regards, Irina.

Level 2
Hi,

I have a form that includes db connection (OLDB ->Access). But in

workspace I have an error while initiating it. The error is an Adobe Acrobat message;

"Unable to create SOM expression $record.tablename.fieldname"

I am using Acrobat 9 pro ext. and when I use reader then there is no problem.

I removed enhanced security settings in preferences of Acrobat. What else i can do? Any suggestions?

Thank in advance..

Level 1

Hi,

Have someone a solution for this Problem??

I also have the same Problem with the DataConnection.

Can someone help me?

Thx

Level 1

Hi,

Do any body have a clue to the mention Problem?

Thanks,

Siddharth Samal...