Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Upload / Attach File in form

Former Community Member
I'm new to the LiveCycle Designer, so please bare with me.

I need to design a form that will allow a user to link/attach files. When the user submits the form we would like the form to link to the documents like a hyperlink.

Please help the newbie.
284 Replies

Former Community Member
Where did you send it? I haven't received it!

Could you please send it to desaipr@dslextreme.com

Sorry I am new to the forum and I might have goofed something up!

Regards

Former Community Member
Paul..

May I have a copy too?

mlbmod@gmail.com

thank you.

Former Community Member
Paul,

My Add Button on your add attachment script doesn't work. I am in LCES 8.2 Preview PDF tab and nothing happens when the Add File Button is clicked. The other buttons at least work - they give me an error message which is understandable.

Please, can you help!

Former Community Member
Are you using reader? If so the file must be Reader Extended to allow attachments. Can you test in Acrobat?

Former Community Member
Paul,

May I have a copy as well?

shannon.escalante@mckesson.com

Thanks!

Shannon

Former Community Member
Hi, I saw the post about the JavaScript code that allow attachment in a pdf file.

Could I get a copy too?!

scandles05@hotmail.com

That would be great :)

Former Community Member
Paul,

Could you send me a copy too? You must have the most popular PDF!

thanks,

Scott

scottsheck@yahoo.com

Former Community Member
Hello Paul,

If you don't mind I would also appreciate a copy of the code necessary to attach files within PDF... email = jason@encarolina.com.

Many thanks,

Jason

Level 2
Hello Paul,

I would really appreciate if you could also email me the attaching files code to following address.

muratkuru@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance

Murat

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

Thanks so much for the code as well as your quick response. I'm having a bit of trouble making it work and would appreciate your help once more.

I've added the code you sent to a form I'm working on in LiveCycle - then I saved the form and extended rights using Acrobat 9 Pro.

When I open the form in Reader 8.1, the "Open File" and "Remove File" buttons seem to work, however the "Add File" button gives no response. Therefore I can't get to the file select window.

Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated - I'm pretty new to Acrobat products but I REALLY like them and would love to learn / use more in the future.

Thanks!

Jason

Former Community Member
Can you open the file in Acrobat and hit Cntrl-J to bring up the java console. If there are any errors they will appear there.

Former Community Member
Paul Guerette,

It would be really great if you could also email me the javascript code (for attaching files) to the following email address:

k.linvers@bluewin.ch

Thanks,

Klemens

Former Community Member
Hi Paul Guerette,

I have been looking for something like this for awhile now.

I would appreciate your javascript code (for attaching files) and a form sample if possible.

Please email to: corporateinvestigations2004 @ yahoo.com (no spaces).

Much appreciated

Koos

Former Community Member
Hello Paul,

Can you please send me the code that allows you to attach a document to a pdf file.?

Thank you

jr.lennox@gmail.com

Thank you so much