Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Unwanted Security Settings

Former Community Member
I really hope that someone could guide me in the right direction for this.

I need to create a log in shell and I am using Adobe Live Cycle Designer 7.0 I am using a PDF template that was originally created in Corell. When I open the template in Adobe Acrobat and check the security settings of that document everything under the restrictions summary is allowed. When I open the template in Adobe Live Cycle the only modification I make is text modification and background image change. When I save it as different file name and open to view PDF, the restriction summary changes to some field becoming not allowed. I can not find where those setting are being set in Adove Live Cycle and how I can turn them off to make the form accessible to the person I am sending it to.

Thank you in advance for your help.
6 Replies

Level 7
What EXACTLY do you see in the security settings after working in

Designer?

It's worth noting that a Designer form can never be edited in Acrobat,

though it can be filled.

Aandi Inston

Former Community Member
Aandi,

Thank you for responding. Please see below is what the security settings say under document restriction summary:

Printing: Allowed

Document Assembly: Not Allowed

Content Copying or Extraction: Allowed

Content Extraction for Accessibility: Allowed

Commenting: Not Allowed

Filling of Form Fields: Allowed

Signing: Not Allowed

Creation of Template Pages: Not Allowed

Submitting Forms: Not Allowed

It also says at the bottom:

*This PDF form restrics some operations

Again, the original template used has all the above fields as Allowed

Level 7
This all looks normal. Once you have converted into a Designer form,

the file is completely changed, and some operations, many of them,

will now be impossible.

Aandi Inston

Former Community Member
Again, thank you for your response. The problem is that when I send this form to our vendor to make sure the file is set up to their specifications they can not go into the form to make sure all the fields that they need are present. In other words they are saying that they can not access the file for editing or review. Do they need to be using the Adobe Live Cycle as well to be able to edit or review the fields or can they use another program?

Level 7
Absolutely. They must use LiveCycle Designer, if you choose to. Maybe

they need you to make a form in Acrobat instead. If they are

specifying the form, I'd hope they would specify which of the two

completely different kinds of PDF forms they want - Acrobat forms or

Designer forms.

Aandi Inston

Level 1

I asked other people too, but just in case, please allow me to post my question here as well.

I am submitting the government grant application and they specify that all the document features should be allowed (editing, commenting, document assembly, etc).  It is to allow reviewers to comment on and assemble applications.

When I am working on a document in Acrobat, all these settings are allowed.  When I attach the document to the application submission program that is based on the Reader (provided by the government), some settings (e.g. Document Assembly) are Not Allowed.

What does this mean?  Should I be worried?  Or should assume that reviewers must have Acrobat to open these files, so they should be able to assemble, comment on and edit documents?

Thank you,