Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Unwanted blank page

Former Community Member
While working on one of the pages or the Master Page (I'm not sure which), in my document, I inadvertently typed a sequence of keys or clicked with my mouse on an option that some how ads a new page to my document every time I add a new element to the document. By the time I realized what I had done it was too late to hit Undo. So now whenever I add a new element, or copy & paste an existing element I end up with an extra page in the document where that element is placed. If I move the element to where I want it, I can not go back and delete the blank page. Anyone know what I may have done wrong or how I can get LC to stop adding the extra pages (or even delete the blank pages)? Thanks! Daniel
5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Daniel,

I am not sure if this will help, but give it a try. When building forms, the root subform sometimes gets too large and a blank page gets generated (particurarly with tables). Similar to your form, it is not possible to delete this new page.

What works for me is to select the root subform and reduce its size manually, by dragging the bottom right corner back into the page. It will reduce to the objects in the subform and (hopefully) the extra page will be gone, never to return! Wha ha ha!

Good luck,

Niall

Level 1
Hi Daniel,

I have just had the same problem which I caused by editing the 'content Area' of the master page and made it too small. By dragging the content area back out to about 5mm margin this fixed it. Must be a bug in designer!

Regards

Steve

Former Community Member
I have the same problem, but the suggested solutions did not work.

I have two master pages -- Portrait and Landscape.

Pages 1-4 of my form uses the portrait master page. Page 5 uses the landscape master page. I am getting a blank, landscape page between pages 4 and 5.

The hierarchy view shows:

form1

master pages

PortraitMaster

content area

LandscapeMaster

content area

(untitled Subform) (Page 1)

(untitled Subform) (Page 2)

(untitled Subform) (Page 3)

(untitled Subform) (Page 4)

(untitled Subform) (Page 5)

But in both Design View and PDF Preview, I get an extra, blank page between pages 4 and 5.

I have tried lots of different settings in the pagination tabs for pages 4 and 5, but can't get that blank page to disappear.

I am a newb, so I could be missing something basic.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If anyone's willing to take a look at my file I would be greatly appreciative.

Former Community Member
You usually get an extra page when the content that you are showing is beyond the page borders ...hence an extra page is required to display it. If you look under Window/Drawing Aids and choose the option to display object borders ...you may be able to see where your objects are spilling beyond the page border.

Former Community Member
Never mind -- I figured it out. The content container for the landscape page was in fact too large.