Expand my Community achievements bar.

Unable to Complete Tutorial

Former Community Member
Hello There

I have worked through the ES Workbench tutorial in the trial version, but it doesn't work.

Trying to follow through the last bit:

To log in as the bank manager and approve the mortgage:

I log in as Tony Blue, but there are no tasks for me to do.

I need to understand why this hasn't worked to continue with this product, but can find no help on resolving this issue.

Any help would be most appreciated.
4 Replies

Level 10
Try to go in the adminui (http://localhost:8080/adminui) under Services/Process Management ES/Process Management.

The click on the name of your service and you should be able to see where it's at.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Thanks for your reply

When I look at this process in Service Management, it tells me it is running. I can also go into Workspace and see that it is running in there (I can also see the completed tasks and assignments).

It seems to be the case that there are no outstanding tasks or assignments for the process, however the process itself is still running. Can this be the case? This would seem to be an error would this situation be reported somewhere?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have had a look through and just cant work out what is required to complete the process.

Many thanks.

Level 10
"When I look at this process in Service Management, it tells me it is running."

At what step is it running?

"I can also go into Workspace and see that it is running in there (I can also see the completed tasks and assignments). "

I'm not sure what you mean there.

"It seems to be the case that there are no outstanding tasks or assignments for the process, however the process itself is still running. Can this be the case?"

No. If there are no more step to do, the process shouldn't be running. You can also use the Record and Playback feature to monitor your process and see where it is. From Workbench you can click Record Process, then run your process until the end, and then play it to see what it did. This is a very useful feature.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Thanks

I am now sorted - it was just a typo in the end but I wasn't sure where to start tracking it down.

Regards

Geoff Olding