Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Unable to add new Policy - help needed

Former Community Member
Hello, <br />I have installed the ES Preview and I'm trying to prepare a demo of that.<br />All semas to work good (including ssl, connection from acrobat, ...) except that I cannot add a new Policy.<br />Each time I try to add a new policy, I become the stack trace<br />2007-08-10 11:58:03,659 WARN [com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPLoggedException] UserM:GENERIC_WARNING: [Thread Hashcode: 7677357] | [com.adobe.edc.server.businesslogic.authorization.AuthorizationManagerBean] errorCode:8193 errorCodeHEX:0x2001 message:addPolicy chainedException:java.lang.NullPointerExceptionchainedExceptionMessage:null chainedException trace:java.lang.NullPointerException<br /> at com.adobe.edc.server.businessobject.PermissionBO.hashCode(PermissionBO.java:159)<br /> at java.util.HashMap.put(HashMap.java:372)<br /> at java.util.HashSet.add(HashSet.java:200)<br /> at java.util.AbstractCollection.addAll(AbstractCollection.java:305)<br /> at java.util.HashSet.<init>(HashSet.java:100)<br /> at com.adobe.edc.server.businesslogic.authorization.AuthorizationManagerBean.performPolicyChecks(AuthorizationManagerBean.java:459)<br /> at com.adobe.edc.server.businesslogic.authorization.AuthorizationManagerBean.insertPolicy(AuthorizationManagerBean.java:838)<br /> at com.adobe.edc.server.businesslogic.authorization.AuthorizationManagerBean.addPolicy(AuthorizationManagerBean.java:912)<br /> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)<br /> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)<br /> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)<br /> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)<br /> at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:345)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:214)<br /> at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:149)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:154)<br /> at org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor.invoke(ServiceEndpointInterceptor.java:54)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:48)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:106)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:335)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:166)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:153)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:624)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:873)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:415)<br /> at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:88)<br /> at $Proxy261.addPolicy(Unknown Source)<br /> at com.adobe.edc.server.businesslogic.BusinessHandler.createPolicy(BusinessHandler.java:591)<br /> at com.adobe.edc.ui.policy.PolicyEditAction.save_onClick(PolicyEditAction.java:440)<br /> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)<br /> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)<br /> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)<br /> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)<br /> at com.cc.framework.adapter.struts.ActionUtil.handleFormAction(Unknown Source)<br /> at com.cc.framework.adapter.struts.FWAction.handleFormAction(Unknown Source)<br /> at com.cc.framework.adapter.struts.ActionUtil.execute(Unknown Source)<br /> at com.cc.framework.adapter.struts.FWAction.execute(Unknown Source)<br /> at com.cc.framework.adapter.struts.FWAction.execute(Unknown Source)<br /> at org.apache.struts.action.Req
5 Replies

Level 10
Make sure you don't add the policy using the Administrator account. You need to add it on behalf of another user not the Super Admin.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Jasmin, thank you for the advice.

I have cheked that and tried to make the same operation as end user -> same result...

Did somebody have another idea? Help will be appreciated (have made a lot of tests without success...).

What are exactly the roles to apply to let a user add new policies?

Is t the same thing to add policies from adminui or edc console?

Thanks for your help

Denis

Level 10
Is the user you're trying to use to add the policy is a member of the Document Publisher group for the policy set in adminui?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Hi Denis,

Something is very wrong here. Can you provide more information, specifically:

1. What locale/language is the OS that you have LiveCycle installed on?

2. What OS do you have LiveCycle installed on?

3. What version of LiveCycle are you using (pre-release, GM version, etc)?

Thanks,

-Bill

Level 1

may be its cause of some permission issue free design logos