Expand my Community achievements bar.

type mismatch error

Former Community Member
What can I look for to fix the following error:

'An error occurred while processing the work item data:

[Adobe][Workflow Server Driver]Failed to process the work item with reference id hvg3...........

The work item was not successfully processed.'

We have a new client matter intake form. From the main menu the initiator can choose to run a conflict check or go directly to the new client matter form. If they choose to run a conflict check, they fill out a one page form that is submitted several times and then it ends up at the same place that they would have been to create a new client matter intake form. They are able to complete the new client matter intake form but once they click Submit, I get the above error. It gets through all of the code until it gets to an object that runs submitform.asp. If the initiator creates the New Client Matter Form and does not create the Conflict form first, everything works perfectly.

Thanks in advance.

Mary
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Mary,

Are you using a solution built by Thomson Elite Workflow? If so our group is equiped to handle development support questions? Not sure if you were previously dealing with a specific developer if not, please directly email me your contact information and I'll try to help out as best I can.

Regards,

Jon

jonathan.busko@thomson.com

Former Community Member
Mary,

You can get type mismatch errors when function calls pass variables of the wrong type. In your workflow process, do you have code on an OnComplete event or on a Script task? This is likely the source of the problem. Unfortunately the debugging in Process Designer is pretty poor and it doesn't pick up these errors until run-time.

Perry