Expand my Community achievements bar.

Trouble setting the init form variable...

Former Community Member
Hello,<br /><br />I am having trouble identifying an init form. When I click the '+' icon in the Init-Form WorkFlow designer, I give the form a name ("AbsenceFrom"), specify the path ("<path>/<fromname>.xdp"), give a choice list ("Submit,Cancel"), choose the 'data type out' ("From") and select OK.<br /><br />The system shows me a notification that says "Attempting to load Schema for init form: Access Denied: Make sure your user has permission to read <path>/<formname>.xdp from the registry." I click OK and review the settings and there is no value beside "schema rootnode". Also, when I use the XPATH expression builder, I can't access the form level nodes because they aren't there.<br /><br />I beleive this error occurs because I don't have an embedded schema in my form. Am I right? I can create an XML file be exporting the data with Acrobat, but what should I do with it to create a schema (I'm an XML nOOb, and my XML text talks about DTDs)? If I am wrong, how do I get my form level nodes to appear in the XPATH expression builder?<br /><br />Thanks.
11 Replies