Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Trial Evaluation of LiveCycle ES for JBoss

Former Community Member
I am trying to use the Create PDF functionality to evaluate PDF Generator (through the trail: Home > Services > LiveCycle PDF Generator ES > Create PDF). I have installed it (several times) using the turnkey option with all the defaults. I have tried to convert many different types of files from doc, xls, etc. I get the following error message.

Error Code:1000

Error Message: ALC-PDG-001-000-Conversion failed because of an exception. RuntimeException; CausedByException is: An unexpected exception while resolving a new connection to an Adobe Service.

I have Acrobat 8.0 professional installed and the Acrobat_PATH environment variable set. I am running this on and XP Home SP2 with Java 1.5.0_13 (using this box for evaluation purpose only - final would be installed in a better environment).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Derek Moses
7 Replies

Level 4
Have you installed Office with the same user the JBoss service is running as?

If not then you will need to reinstall Office as the user the JBoss service runs as.

(n.b. I may be wrong, but I think once I fixed this by running Office which was installed by a different user, using the account the JBoss service runs as... this may be a workaround to a full reinstall... but haven't had time to re-confirm this, and it's not what is instructed by the standard install procedure so shouldn't be used for production environments)

Former Community Member
good morning

i work with a trial version of livecycle 8.0.1 on win 2003 server , installed in turnkey mode. my credential have expired , so adobe gave me a new serial number . in order to update it , i launch the configuration manager and it works fine. unfortunately i decided to update my version with SP2. the update works but unfortunately it goes back to my old serial number .and now when i launch configuration manager again , i can t get any screen where i could update the serail number. Could anyone help me please ?

thank you very much .

best regards.

Level 4
Jean-Pierre:

Did your Reader Extensions Credential expire or did your serial number's validity period expire? If it is the former, then you should have received a new credential from Adobe, not a new serial number. The credential actually consists of two files, a .pfx file and a .txt file containing a password.

Former Community Member
good morning and thank for your help. both have expired , but when i launch th econfiguration manager after i have installed livecycle SP2

i can update the reader extensions credentials but i cant update the serial number. the configuration manager gives me no opportunity to enter the serial number anywhere. How can i update the serial number ?

of cause i can reinstall livecycle 8.0 but it would take too much time.

thank you.

best regards

Former Community Member
I am stuck with the same error as Derek is.

Error Code:1000

Error Message: ALC-PDG-001-000-Conversion failed because of an exception. RuntimeException; CausedByException is: An unexpected exception while resolving a new connection to an Adobe Service.

Using jre1.5.0_15 and windows 2003 server sp2.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tarang

Level 4
Installer handles licensing.

You should be able to re-run the installer and enter you new serial numbers.

Former Community Member
Hi,

I am also facing same issue as Derek and Tarang.

Office and LiveCycle are installed with same user with acrobat 8.

But still only images and static downloaded html is getting converted from adminui.

Any pointers to problem resolution are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anshu