Tooltip with XML and XSD in Designer

12-01-2009

Hi, I have problem with getting the tooltip to work when I hover over a simple textfield. I have activated the Dynamic properties, connected to the XSD and the corresponding XML-file. I connect to the schema in Accessibility but I can´t chose whith @ (ex @dp_tt) as I suposed to before the string. How can a simple XSD look like? How can the corresponding XML look like? Where can I find a good example anywhere? The Adobe Livesycle Designer Help gives me no help because it only shows fragment from the XML-file.

I would be thankful for anyone who have an idea what the problem is or where i can read about it.

Rikard

Replies

pguerett

pguerett

pguerett

12-01-2009

Are you sure the node that holds the string is populated with a value? The string should be in the xml file and not in the XSD. If I merge a sample xml file (that follows my defined XSD) and ensure that the bound node is populated it works fine (I tried it here).

12-01-2009

Hi again, now I´ve fixed the @-problem with an attribute in XSD but the tooltip doesn´t pop up when I hover over the textfield. I think the connection now is right but there is more details about this that is missing. Where can I read about more about Tooltip in Designer using XSD and XML?

12-01-2009

Yes, the XML string is populated with the message. Can you please share an example of a XML- and XSD-file? It would be great to see something that works. Thanks for answearing.

pguerett

pguerett

pguerett

12-01-2009

You must post your email address so I can send it to you.

12-01-2009

That would be great and very kind of you. Here is my e-mail:

rikard.werge@gmail.com

Thanks again.

Rikard

14-01-2009

Hi again, I´m still trying to dynamically populate a tool tip but can´t find out why it´s not working. Are anyone getting this to work when you connect to an external xml and xsd? I think that I don´t know the connection through namespace is working and that I need to see a real example where it is working.

Can somebody give me an example of two working files: XML and XSD that gives a tool tip?

pguerett

pguerett

pguerett

14-01-2009

Just sent you a sample

upkachora

upkachora

upkachora

22-04-2009

Hi Mr Guerett

Can you please also send me the sample. My email address is manoj_goel@msn.com

Also I have a need to extract the help from html file for each section on my form how can I do that?

Thanks

Manoj