Expand my Community achievements bar.

To configure an event catch attached to an operation

Level 1
hi

Using help in "Adobe LiveCycle Workbench ES" version 8.0.3187.1 I found this topic (for which I don't seem to be able to find an online equivalent) :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Creating Processes > Implementing Business Logic > Configuring events to control flow in a process > Configuring events attached to an operation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuring event catches attached to an operation

Asynchronous events and timer events can be directly attached to an operation. You cannot attach exception events to an operation, but many operation types have built-in exception events. (See Handling an exception event attached to an operation.)

When an event is directly attached to an operation, it is called an event catch and it listens for events while the operation it is attached to is running.

To configure an event catch attached to an operation:

(1) Right-click an event attached to an operation and select Event Properties. The Event Catch Configuration dialog box appears.

(2) (Optional) In the Name box, modify the name of the event.

(3) Create a filter for the event. (See Creating filters and data maps for events.)

(4) Create a data map for the event. (See Creating filters and data maps for events.)

(5) Click OK.

If I try step (1), I don't see an "Event Catch Configuration dialog box".

I was hoping to be able to combine the "FaultMessage" (which is what I think I need),

documented here http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/es/wb_help/00001140.html ,

with step (4) in the above scenario.

How can I work with an exception, so that I have the "exception message" available to do something (like log, mail, etc.)?

many thanks

Jan Vervecken
10 Replies