Expand my Community achievements bar.

Text Fields in repeated Header as Value-Type User Entered Required - Opt out of error messages?

Former Community Member
I have a dynamic form that I am creating. It has a header that repeats for all pages. In this header are 6 text fields that need to be required entries. I have set all text fields under the Value tab as 'User Entered -Required'. The text fields work as they should, however, when I open the document an error message is displayed for each required text field and for EACH time that it appears in the document. If there are three pages with three headers on them then that means that Adobe tries to display 18 error messages.

Is there anyway to fix this? If I could get Adobe to just display an error message for one of the headers that would be optimal - unless there is a different solution that would work, which I would also be open to.

As a side note, this form will not have a 'submit via email' button (it is a form that will only be viewed on a screen and on paper after it's printed).
3 Replies

Former Community Member
When do you want the error message to display? When they print it? If they do not print then there is no way to alert the user that tthese fields are mandatory.

Former Community Member
When they print would be optimal. They will most likely usually print - it is an employee performance review form and as part of the review process the employee gets a copy of the form (thus - the form would always need to be printed at least once).

Former Community Member
if you put some code on the pre-print event that will check to see if those fields have a value then you shodul be able to achieve what you want. I would use a button on the form that says print but woudl only actually run the print command if my conditions were met. Note that if the user hits Ctrl-P or File/print the ore-print event will run but we cannot stop the print from happening.

Hope that helps