Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Text editor

Former Community Member
Is it possible to add some piece of code or something else (I don't really know how)to allowed users to change text (Bold, italic, list, etc) in textFields.

EX: the form is,in fact, a kind of template to guide users to create documents.

But I'd like they have the possibility to highlight with bold or italic some words in the text field.

I'm not native english speaker and I hope my question is clear.

Thanks.

nath
7 Replies

Level 10
Hi Nath,

If you are using LiveCycle Designer you do not need to have script to allow the user change the format of some of the inputted text.

The way to do this depends on the version of LC you are using.

In LC Designer ES (8.1) go to the Object/Field tab of each textfield. For "field format" change the pull down from "Plain Text Only" to "Rich Text".

If you are using an earlier version of LC then you need to make two changes in the Object Tab. From memory one is in the Field tab (as above) and the other in the Binding tab.

Once you have changed these properties then the user can select words or whole paragraphs and change the format. For example "Control + B" will give you bold text, "Control + U"; underline, "Control + I"; italic. When a field is active you can press "Control + E" and this will allow you to edit/change the font type and size, etc.

Hope that helps.

Niall

Former Community Member
Thanks but i can't choose "Rich texte" cause my textfield have to grow up with the entry.

Former Community Member
Sorry,

I've found my mistake. It seem worded

Former Community Member
If you can't choose Rich text then you cannot change the attributes that you want. That is what Rich Text is.

Also Rich Text does not stop the field from growing. One has nothing to do with the other.

Former Community Member
Thanks.

I've tried but it isn't what I real need.

In fact, this way allowed people to change color of text, font, etc.

To the integrity of the design chart of my sociaty, I'd like to allowed ONLY bold, underline and list.

How I can do this ? Is it possible ? by javascript ?

Thanks to your help

Nath