Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Tags - What are they and do I really need them?

Former Community Member
I've come across an issue where our users are having delays tabbing between text fields (a good 10-20 pause). Reading from Designer help, I've learned that tags/tagging is where the delay lies (correct?) If I save my forms WITHOUT tags, will this cause fuctioning issues with the forms or any other unforseen problems? Also, is there a way to set the default when "saving as" to uncheck that tagging box? Need more direction before I start changing my forms.
3 Replies

Former Community Member
If by tags you mean the traversal tags in xml, the only way I know of to get rid of them is to edit the xml file and delete them all. If you do that your tabbing will be left to right, top to bottom for the entire form.

Regards,

Dave

Former Community Member
The tags referred to in the "save as" box is a PDF facility called "structure tags". It's used to annotate the PDF with information about how the content inside is ordered. Its primary use is to allow a screen reader to read the text in the PDF in the correct order. Other uses include the ability to override the default tabbing sequence.

Do a search on "tags" in the Designer Help and have a look at "About Accessible Forms" and "Design tips for creating accessible PDF forms" before disabling tags. If you're not concerned about enabling people with disabilities to utilize your forms, then you can safely save without structure tagging. If you need your forms to be able to be filled in by the general public, you should leave the structure tags in.

Regards,

Rob

Former Community Member
Hi,

have you a solution for your problem?

I have the same problem and this is the only topic with the same problem

Daniel