Expand my Community achievements bar.

Tabbing through fields in a PDF

Former Community Member
Hello,

I have a PDF fillable form completed with many fields. Right now when I tab between fields it doesn't move from one field to the field right next to it. Instead, it jumps from one field to another a few rows down and then sort of all over the place. How do I set it so that it tabs from one field to the one next to it?

Thank you.
8 Replies

Former Community Member
hi,

with the form in design view, go to the last item on the view menu: "tab order"

however, i had to play with mine a lot, and it never really did tab in the order i wanted. i would set the tab order, but it wouldn't even start with my first item, let alone follow my order.

any ideas?

thanks,

george

Level 9
Try using flow layout rather than positioned layout.

It takes a bit of getting used to, but the tab order is always the same as the order of the items in the hierarchy.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
what is flow layout? I have repositoned the objects in the hierarchy tab but that did not help the odd tabbing order.

Former Community Member
what is flow layout? I have repositioned the objects in the hierarchy tab but that did not help the odd tabbing order.

Former Community Member
I am having a similar problem. I have tried many, many times to retab the form. I have a set of fields that auto format, then I add some check boxes. I then set the tab order, however it does not tab in that order. I am in version professional 8.1 if that makes a difference.

Former Community Member
Go to the Pages tab in the Navigation pane. (View > Navigation Panels > Pages)

Select the page in which you want set the tabbing order. In the Options menu on the Pages tab, select Page Properties. There are four choices on how to order the tabbing on the page.

Former Community Member
I have this same problem; however, View > Navigation Panels > Pages did not appear to be an option in LifeCycle Designer v. 8.0 - is there an alternate way to access these screens? Thank you.