Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Tabbing problem on multi-line text fields

Not applicable
I have a form designed with LiveCycle Form Designer 8 in which I have several one-line text fields and a multi-line text field. I have set default text values for each, such as "[insert something here]."

I have also set the tab order. However, when tabbing, the default text is highlighted on the single-line textfields, but not on the multi-line textfield. When tabbing into this multi-line field, the cursor simply goes to the end of the default text and does not highlight the default text as it does on the single-line textfields. Is this a bug or am I missing something here?

I need to have the default text on the multi-line field highlighted so when the user tabs into it and they begin typing, it will delete the default text as it does on a single-line text field. Thanks in advance for any expert advice.
1 Reply
littleisi3
Level 1
Level 1

I have just encountered the very same problem. Have you figured it out? I just started using Adobe this week and have figured out how to make the forms and have gotten everything else to work properly but this is driving me nuts. I have read almost an entire Adobe Acrobat Bible to no avail.

Please let me know if you have found a solution. TYVM.