Expand my Community achievements bar.

Tabbing problem on multi-line text fields

Former Community Member
I have a form designed with LiveCycle Form Designer 8 in which I have several one-line text fields and a multi-line text field. I have set default text values for each, such as "[insert something here]."

I have also set the tab order. However, when tabbing, the default text is highlighted on the single-line textfields, but not on the multi-line textfield. When tabbing into this multi-line field, the cursor simply goes to the end of the default text and does not highlight the default text as it does on the single-line textfields. Is this a bug or am I missing something here?

I need to have the default text on the multi-line field highlighted so when the user tabs into it and they begin typing, it will delete the default text as it does on a single-line text field. Thanks in advance for any expert advice.
1 Reply

Level 1

I have just encountered the very same problem. Have you figured it out? I just started using Adobe this week and have figured out how to make the forms and have gotten everything else to work properly but this is driving me nuts. I have read almost an entire Adobe Acrobat Bible to no avail.

Please let me know if you have found a solution. TYVM.