Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Tab order not working properly

Former Community Member
I'm trying to get my form to tab correctly. Its jumping around a bit but the tab order appears to be set correctly. I have regular text and text fields throughout the form. Does anyone know how to just set the tabs to default so that it will tab from left to right in the form? Help.....thanks.
5 Replies

Former Community Member
If you click window and Heirarachy (sp?) it will open up a window on the left, from there, you can drag and drop the fields into the right position - just got done doing this myself!

Hope that helps,

Jill

Former Community Member
Yes, thank you. I just recently figured this out as well. I appreciate your response. First time I have ever used this forum.

Former Community Member
Hello,

I just built a form and tried to designate the tabbing order. However, even after I save the form does not acknowledge my tabbing order even though it shows the changes I made. I also change the Heirarachy and that didn't do anything either. I had my boss look at it and he couldn't see the issue either. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what the problem could be or if i'm forgetting to do something? It would be a HUGE help and very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Nick

Former Community Member
Mine was actually done using subforms, one subform per page. So in the hierarchy, it would just those text fields on one page per subform. Other than that, I noticed a slight tabbing issue when one field was not even enough with another going from left to right. If I blew up the resolution and moved the fields up or down just a little bit, it made a difference.

Level 2
In LiveCycle under View there is an option that you can select TabOrder. This will show you the order for the form. You will need to hold the Shift key down and click the first field you want then release the Shift key and click in order the rest of the fields. Hope this helps.