Expand my Community achievements bar.

SUSE install Mysql problem

Former Community Member
I am attempting to install ES 8.2 on a Suse box for the first time. I am almost through the configuration manager, to the point of Database Initialization. I deployed the ears and all that, then tried to start the Mysql that came with the download package. Upon discovering that the bundled version was in fact the windows Mysql package, I downloaded the proper rpms, installed, and attempted the init again. This time I got an Access denied for user adobe@locahost using password YES. Is there any way to obtain the password that this account is expecting to use? Or alternatively, is there a method of pushing the data from the windows package into the fresh rpm install?

Thanks

Josh
2 Replies

Level 4
It looks like you are attempting to use what is essentially a turnkey for Windows on Linux.

You are better off doing the following:

1) download and install the MySQL Community Edition (you get to choose the password during the install)

2) make sure MySQL starts by logging into it using MySQL Administrator

3) Create a new database

4) use the pre-configured JBoss tree that ships with LiveCycle and make appropriate changes for Linux

5) Install LiveCycle ES 8.2 (Update 1). Please note that LiveCycle Configuration Manager (LCM) has limited functionality in the case of JBoss (it does NOT configure it).

Former Community Member
I managed to get past the mysql problem by loading the community ed, and adding the adobe db and user, so I got past that error. I am now having a different error. While running the config manager initialization of the databases, I get an error from com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.bootstrapper.BootStrapManagerBean -- nullgetProvider failure: factory not initialized. Any ideas?