Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

sum calculations

Not applicable
I am having difficulty doing a simple calculation. I would like to total a column. I am not sure how to make the function. I press sum and I get

Sum(n1 [, n2...]). Give me an example how I should write this.

I am working on a time sheet and would like to total hours for each day of the week. So I have a column with days of the week and a column with hours and would like to get total. Please help.
1 Reply
gkaiseril
Level 7
Level 7
"Sum" is the function name. the "(" and ")" mark the start and end of the passed parameters to the function. the "n1 [,n2...]" indicate that there is one required parameter and then any number of optional parameters. The description in the 'Scripting Reference" under LiveCycle Designer's "Help" is:

"Returns the sum of the non-null elements of a given set of numbers."

So one could enter numbers, the values form field names, or an array of a field name as parameters and get the sum of the values.

If I have a row of fields called "DailyHours" and have 7 of these fields I could code for the "Calculation" script for the row total using FormCalc:

Sum(DailyHours[0], DailyHours[1], DailyHours[2], DailyHours[3], DailyHours[4], DailyHours[5], DailyHours[6])

or

Sum(DailyHours[*])