Expand my Community achievements bar.

Submitting to multiple participants simultaneously (parallel/rendezvous)

Former Community Member
Hi,

We have created a form where the initiators need to select form 30 users (list) some 6 participants to send the form to them.

Is it possible, using the standard QPAC (with, maybe, additional scripting), to send the submitted form to several participants in parallel/rendezvous way and send it to the initiator after all participants submitted their work items? It seems that there is no straight forward way like what we used to have in Adobe Workflow 6.2 environment.

Looking forward to here your comments and directions on this

BR,

Yasser
6 Replies

Former Community Member
Is there always going to be 6 participants or is the number variable?

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Hi Chris,

The number will be variable.

BR,

Yasser

Former Community Member
It's going to be difficult then. Probably the easiest way would be to have a SetValue QPAC after the first User action that gets the names from the form and stores them in process variable. Then design a loop in your WF that will use a Chain QPAC for each participant to trigger a workflow that sends them the form.

You could also use a Script QPAC (or a custom coded QPAC) and write Java code using the API to do this in a more elegant way, but you seemed to want to avoid excessive coding.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Hi Chris,

Many thanks for the input, it's clear now.

BR,

Yasser

Level 9
Hi Yasser

We've been contemplating for some time writing a Rendezvous QPAC. However, it's pretty complicated, and we wanted to make sure there was someone out there to a) help us get the feature-set right, and b) purchase it once it's done.

One specific question: what does the part of your form look like where the user selects the six participants? Is it a series of combos, a table of some type, or what?

If you (or anyone else on this forum) is interested in the Rendezvous QPAC, please contact me directly: htreisman "at" avoka.com

Regards,

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Hello Howard, and all,

I have designed a process with a parallel routing where the number of task recipients is configured based on user selection on the form using a dynamic table, or by selecting users from dropdown then add them to a listbox.

Now, the process is very much complete, however I see some inconsistency of its behavior, (for example, first user of the group does not receive the task).

What I can do is I can email you the process map, or email whomever interested, and I appreciate if you can give it a look and help me optimizing it, plus you may find it useful t compare it with your developing parallel routing qpac?,

Thank you,

Greetings,

Yasser M.