Expand my Community achievements bar.

Submit by Email Without Automatically Sending Email???

Former Community Member
I'm trying to distribute a form that will "submit by email" when the user is finished filling it out. Then when our admin receives the form, have it automatically ask what dataset to add it to.

This works fine, EXCEPT when the user submits the form, it automatically sends the email right away - straight to the Outlook "Outbox" folder. I want it to create the email (with PDF attachment), but wait for the user to hit send. This is so they can attach additional files to the email or add comments to the body of the email.

Right now this doesn't seem possible. I can send it without using the "Distribute Form" option in the menus, but then the popup asking what dataset to add it to doesn't appear.

Any ideas?
3 Replies

Level 2
Chris,

can I ask how you set up the submission?

Zoe

Former Community Member
Sure thing, Zoe. Thanks for asking.<br /><br />I've set it up a couple of ways, testing them, and they both seem to work the same way. I currently have it set up with a generic button, type "Button", control type "Submit" with "Submit to URL:" set to "mailto:<emailaddress>" and "Submit as" set to PDF in the Submit tab.<br /><br />I've also used a "Email Submit" button for this, with the email address and subject line set appropriately. Both of these methods seem to work the same way. I haven't tried an "HTTP Submit" button method yet, but I would presume it to work the same also.<br /><br />Any ideas? Thanks for the help.