Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Submit by Email using Internet Email

Former Community Member
Does anyone know why with Adobe Reader v8.1.2 users cannot get to the "Select Email Client pop up when clicking Submit by Email?

It works fine with earlier versions of Reader, but in v8.1.2 it goes straight to outlook. If they do not use outlook for their email, it only prompts to create outlook profile as opposed to the "Select Email Client pop up where they can save the data file to their hard drive and attach using Internet Email.

Thanks!
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Did you ever get an answer to this problem? I have the same issue and can't figure out what I've done wrong.

Please share the knowledge if you've been enlightened.

Thank you!

Former Community Member
Could you fix this by changing/specifying which email client to use within your browser settings?

To do this in IE 7, select "Tools"->"Internet Options" click the "Programs" tab, then select which email client to use from the list.

(Not sure if this will immediately work with whatever your web email client is, but your email provider might offer a browser plugin that will enable this.)

But this is totally a shot in the dark...I'm just assuming that the mailto protocol is ultimately being processed through the browser.

Does anyone know if this will work? Or can anyone clarify how the submit button works on the back end?

Former Community Member
Hello Kari

Were you able to find a solution for this? I have a form which when submitted opens up the desktop email client and attaches the PDF. However, a lot of our users will be general public and I would want the form to allow them to email it through any webclient (yahoo, gmail etc). The form should be attached to the email client of their choice and automatically populate the "To" address.