Highlighted

Submit by email button not working

chrisack13

18-03-2009

I have a simple form which has worked fine for the past couple of years, but since updating it with Livecycle Designer ES8.2 recently, the 'submit by email' button is not working for many who have downloaded it.

Works fine when I try it here and it worked fine last year, but not with this latest version of the pdf apparently.

If anyone has a moment could they have a look and see if there's anything obviously wrong? (It has a couple of required fields before the button will work) It's at http://www.mogsport.net/series/2009-SeriesAppForm.pdf

Thanks

Chris

XP Pro SP3, LC ES8.2, Acrobat 9

Replies

Highlighted

Steve_L_Walker

18-03-2009

Chris,

This could be a result of the change to the Google email domain and the migration of user accounts.

The email address is 'morgan.challenge@googlemail.com'. You should check and see if 'morgan.challenge@gmail.com' exists. If it does, it may be creating a conflict.

Steve
Highlighted

chrisack13

18-03-2009

Thanks Steve. In fact both work (as I found out by mistake a while back and just double-checked now) and end up in the same mailbox.

But the failure seems to come before that - in that the window offering either desktop email or internet email fails to initiate for most users.

Chris
Highlighted

pguerett

18-03-2009

Works fine for me ....I am running Acrobat 9 and Outlook. What mail client is being used for the ones that fail?
Highlighted

chrisack13

18-03-2009

That's the frustrating thing - it varies. Some have Vista, Acrobat 9 and Outlook 2007, some XP Pro, Acro 9 and Outlook 2003 (but that combination works for me).
Highlighted

pguerett

18-03-2009

The submit by email button is connecting to th emaiil client through an interface called MAPI. I have seen some virus sofware programs dis-allow the programatic call to email programs ....check to see if there is anything in the virus scan logs or if there is a setting to that nature.
Highlighted

chrisack13

18-03-2009

I did wonder originally if it was an AV problem (or even Vista UAC) but I have since found that one machine on our network would open it and another wouldn't (same OS, same AV). That narrowed it down to the fact that it seems to work from Acrobat, but not Reader...

It worked for you with Acrobat - if you have Reader on your system coiuld you try it with that to prove or disprove that theory?

Thanks for your help.

Chris
Highlighted

_Aimee_Gonzalvo

18-03-2009

May I piggy back on this question?

I have a simple form I have created that is to be completed by a client and emailed to one person. However instead of the form being emailed 'as is' to the recipient, it comes to him in html. Is there a way to have him receive the form completed in standard view versus code?

Thank you for your asisstance.
Highlighted

pguerett

19-03-2009

Chris,

Reader cannot send a completed PDF unless it is Reader Extended. Reader Extensions is a product that extends the functionality of Reader on a form by form basis. My bet is that you were submitting only the data before (which is allowed by native Reader), then changeed the submission to submit the complete PDF. This is what I suspect broke the Reader submissions. So you have two choices:

1. Add Reader Extensions to the form so that it is allowed to submit PDF. There are two ways to add this right to the form.

A) Open the form in Acrobat, Click on the Advanced/Extend Feautures in Adobe Reader. Follow the wizard. Now the rights are applied and it should work in Reader. Note that by licence agreement that this technique is restricted to a max of 500 users

B) Get a copy of LiveCycle Reader Extensions Server and apply the appropriate rights to the form to allow this. This technique does not restruct the usage but it is much more expensive.

2. Change the submission option to send xml and not PDF then you will not have to extend at all.

Make sense?
Highlighted

pguerett

19-03-2009

Aimee,

Yes you can send a PDF but you will have the same issue as I have outlined to Chris. Do you still want to proceed down that path?