Highlighted

Submit Button In Workbench process stalls

01-07-2008

Hi all, I am new to workbench, and just getting my head around all this.

I am looking at the mortgage loan example, and I start the process fine, but when I click on the submit button, it gives me a blank page, and the to do is still there.

to do (1)

There is a message in the bottom of the browser (In the bottom bar) that cycles between "Transferring Data" and "Waiting for reply"

Is the form being sent to the wrong place?

Thank you all for your help.

Replies

Highlighted

01-07-2008

Okay, I finally noticed that the

"User MUST select a rout before completing this task" was clicked.

Even though I select the rout thru the list it still stalls.

but now that I un-click it, it chooses it chooses the top path on the rout list.

Any ideas?
Highlighted

Jasmin_Charbonn

02-07-2008

Make sure the "Initialize Task with Route Name" is selected in the Route section. Then you should be able to select the route you want.

Jasmin
Highlighted

02-07-2008

Hi Jasmin,

Thanks for your reply, that is clicked as well.

If the first isn't selected I do not have the second option available.

This is what I have for my process.

User1 -(approve)-> User2

User1 -(deny)-> User3

In the rout evaluation:

approve

deny

Routs and Priority:

[X]Initialize Task With Route Name

[X]User Must Select Rout To Complete Task

If I enable the form, and run the process, if "User Must Select Route..." is checked. I select the rout. and when I submit, it turns to a white page, and nothing happens.

If I unclick that box, it just takes whatever route is at the top of the list, even if I select (deny) "the other one".

This also happens with the demo, mortgage form.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Highlighted

06-07-2008

Hi Jasmin,

For that question, I honestly do not know, I can't really find any documentation on a step by step explanation of workbench at all, except for "Open the Mortgage Loan example" and I have. Yet, it gives me this problem.

And it seems the only place I have gotten at least a point in the right direction reply is here, and I thank you for that.

I tried to make my own work flow as well, and it does the same thing.

Is it my fault? The server? The designer?

Sorry I seem a bit helpless, but I truly feel I am a chicken running around with its head cut off.

Should I not enable the forms in reader extension? Should I? Should I use the XDP? etc.

Sorry, I don't know how to answer that one.

Cheers,

Mish
Highlighted

07-07-2008

In the variable properties, click the Advanced Settings button. The Render tab is where you configure the render service.

To deliver the form as PDF, the render service should be Submit PDF Form.

Scott