For that question, I honestly do not know, I can't really find any documentation on a step by step explanation of workbench at all, except for "Open the Mortgage Loan example" and I have. Yet, it gives me this problem.
And it seems the only place I have gotten at least a point in the right direction reply is here, and I thank you for that.
I tried to make my own work flow as well, and it does the same thing.
Is it my fault? The server? The designer?
Sorry I seem a bit helpless, but I truly feel I am a chicken running around with its head cut off.
Should I not enable the forms in reader extension? Should I? Should I use the XDP? etc.
There is definitely something wrong with the default submit service.
* pdf, non enabled (although enabled now produces the same results)
* form fields included using the designer, no modifications
* using standard render
* using standard submit (that is enable submit service is NOT clicked)
* routes are Approve, Deny
* buttons do NOT display in the flex UI (on open form) but as drop downs in the form (this behavior changed i believe around SP2, before they showed in the flex UI)
* if "User must select a route to continue" is checked livecycle throws an error "submit service ... route: null invalid" and the submit stalls
* if "User must select a route to continue" is unchecked the process ALWAYS chooses the first route regardless of what is selected (regardless of the browser)
A few observations:
* The two quick buttons still show on the process card, selecting deny from here does select the correct path
* enabling the "send form to user" in server settings and submitting the form from there (using complete task + email endpoint) selects the correct path
This leads me to believe that the form is working as intended, that the buttons are correctly identified but that something in SP2 broke the flex UI with an open form.
All of the 20 forms we are using displays the same behavior, even creating a workflow out of two elements (a user that links back to itself with deny and an empty decision point with approve) does not solve the issue.
So to solve this issue i have to add a condition to the first route (or all routes) that check /proces_data/*form*//AWS_ACTION
This seems to be a workaround although it is pretty silly
Joerg Meyer: "buttons do NOT display in the flex UI (on open form) but as drop downs in the form (this behavior changed i believe around SP2, before they showed in the flex UI) "
As mentionend above I had the same behaviour (buttons where suddenly gone). I figured out that in our case, the problem was the flash-plugin of Firefox 3. I didn't change anything in the form or the process and just changed to IE and the buttons showed up correctly.
Hi everybody, <br />I guess my problem is related with this topic. I have small process include just two components, an execute and an Execute SQL Statement. <br />On workspace, I fill in the form (defined as xfa variable) and click the complete button, then data on the form is being recorded.<br /><br />But on workspace, when I take the form offline and submit it (by using acrobat 9 pro. ext.) I get an error message. It attempts to reach the server but gets this error: "Error:Nothing Done Invalid Server Response http://<server_ip>:8080/workspace-server/submit"<br /><br />Do you have any suggestion? What correction do I need?
I'm totally confused with LC ES and LC Designer ES. I have created PDF forms and i had the forms emailed by Admin via a click of submit button. And the form had to filled by employee then verified by customer and finally to Admin. Everything worked fine but as per the client requirement i was supposed to export the form datacontent to CSV format. So i though i could rely on LC workbench ES as you have asked to do so. But i feel that as i read through many articles the process is done only on Online i suppose. Is that correct Jasmin? If so the PDF forms that i have currently working in offline will not be able to submit the content alone to this process i suppose. Please help me out with possible solution..
My main requirement is to export the XML content to CSV. Can this be done using LC designer alone. If so let me know.. I have installed the trial version of LC ES. That's taking off my whole time if i choose any other application. Even google search doesnt come up. Its very slow..