Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Submit Button attaching PDF not working

Former Community Member
Hi

I am trying to get LiveCycle designer to create my PDF form with a submit to email button, but i want it to submit the whole PDF file not XML data to email.

I have discovered that i need to use the 'button' item rather than the 'submit button' item as it wont let me export the filled in form as the whole PDF file rather only XML data.

I have typed in the URL section mailto:amy@marionsphotographics.com.au but i am unsure if i have this scripting right.

The furthest i get is the email poping up to send, but when you hit the send button, it doesnt do anything. Its like the email address is stopping it or something.

Can you please let me know what i am doing wrong!
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Hello Amy,

You cannot submit by email from a PDF using Reader without applying a usage rights or using a full Acrobat. To apply usage rights you should use LC Reader Extensions server.

Regards,

Former Community Member
You can test your email clients ability to handle the mailto protocol by opening a browser and typing in the

mailto:amy@marionsphotographics.com.au

as the URL. This should bring up your mail client and allow you to send the email.

Former Community Member
Hi Leo

Sorry what is LC reader extensions server?

Thanks

Level 7
>Sorry what is LC reader extensions server?

LC = LiveCycle. Another of the large family is LiveCycle Reader

Extensions Server. Read about it here

http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/readerextensions/

Aandi Inston

Former Community Member
Hi Amy,

You can find more info on this topic here: http://livecycleapps.wordpress.com/2008/07/28/a-submit-button-that-will-send-an-entire-pdf/

Depending on your use, you may be able to apply usage rights using Acrobat instead of LiveCyle Reader Extensions.

_Seth