Expand my Community achievements bar.

submit both XML & PDF files

Former Community Member
Hello,

I've created a simple form and I would like to use a button to submit both the XML and PDF files. Is there such an option ? or any workaround?

currently the submit function allow to select XML or PDF but not both.

Any idea will be appriciated.

Thanks

Ami
6 Replies

Former Community Member
If you choose to submit an XML Data Package (XDP) you can control what is in the package. By default it is only data but you can choose to include the complete PDF. It will appear in a separate node (base64 encoded). You can extract the data from the node and get your complete PDF. As well you will have all of your data as ususal.

Former Community Member
Thanks Paul for your answer.

Can you tell how do I extract the PDF from the XDP file?

Should I use some API's for this?

Thanks

Ami

Former Community Member
Just use a standard XML Parser. Or you can use standard string functions to get the node that you want.

Former Community Member
My env is a trial jboss turnkey 8.2 installation.<br /><br />I have read through a lot in the forums about submit buttons with xdp format. I have tried to get this to work but in vain. I have a simple form with two fields and I configured a submit button.<br /><br />The url is set to mailto:blah@blah.com<br />The submit as is set to xdp<br />and then I choose options- Annotation,PDF and template.<br /><br />Interestingly I can get the button to work for me as long as I dont have the "pdf" option selected. The button only works when I have annotations and template selected. So this gives me everything in the resulting xdp except for the binary embedded pdf. I recall the last time I tried it, instead of the binary document, a pdf href location to the pdf was included instead. I need the embedded pdf to be included in the xdp which I believe shows up within the <chunk> tag. Why is my submit button not working with pdf? How can I get this to work to get my embedded pdf document. The reason I need this to work is to be able to remotely work with the xml dataset inside the xdp and then be able to get users to see the updated pdf using reader. Without the entire binary, reader cannot render the binary at a later time. Any help is very appreciated.

Former Community Member
I have never seen this type of behaviour. Can you send the problem form to livecycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look.