Expand my Community achievements bar.

Strange Behaviour of a global listbox in Master Page

Former Community Member
Hello

I have a global field in a master page.

I have global listbox, that is populated in the docready event.

When I create a dynamic new page, the data of the global listbox of the next page are empty or only with the value selected.

I have tried re populate in the event initializate (This event execute when I create a new page) but the data are erased.

Somebody knows what happen.

Thanks a lot

----------------------------------

Hosting Association

The low cost quality hosting

http://www.hostingassociation.biz

----------------------------------
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Hosting Association,

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem you were describing in your initial post. Certainly, you want to be using the Initialize event rather than the DocReady event since the latter is only called once on load whereas the former is called every time new pages are inserted.

I've created a little sample which is setup as you described your scenario (to the best of my understanding). Check it out and see if there are any differences between it and your form. Areas to note are the Initialize script on the global list box on the master page, the PageSF subform which was set to repeat using the Object palette's Binding tab and the button on the PageSF body page which adds a new instance of the PageSF within the form (a new page, essentially) when clicked.

Stefan

Adobe Systems

For more on Designer, check-out my
FormBuilder Blog.

Have you registered for
Adobe MAX 2006?