Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn More

Sign in to view all badges

Start Process "Card" Opens External URL?

15-12-2008

I may have asked this before, but figured it can't hurt to ask again. We want a one stop shopping (navigation) for all of our Enterprise forms. 95% of htem will be adobe PDF and served up by LiveCycle through workspace. There will also be some served up from other environments, all accessible via URLs, in other words, web-based. We can build a standalone navigation page with links directly to the individual forms in workspace as well as external forms.

My question is whether anyone has built a navigation scheme inside of workspace that will also open up forms external to the Adobe environment? It would bbe great if we could create a "card" in the Start Process tab that simply opens up an external link instead of an Adobe PDF form.

Thoughts?

Replies

Level 2
Gary_Gilchrist
Level 2

0 likes

Total Posts

50 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile

Level 2
Gary_Gilchrist
Level 2

0 likes

Total Posts

50 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile
Gary_Gilchrist
Level 2

23-12-2008

I chatted with the team about this. Workspace wants you browse LC end points and show you task content (forms/swf's/documents) in an iFrame that it communicates with for Reader. We have never encountered a requirement to make the end point or the task content be any old external URL, although it is a good suggestion for a feature / enhancement

I have seen something similar done before, but it is a bit clunky. It generated a PDF that contained a URL with a button on the PDF that will open the URL inside the current iFrame.

Validate 1
Level 5
yodadobe
Level 5

12 likes

Total Posts

298 posts

Correct Reply

10 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 10
Boost 1
View profile

Validate 1
Level 5
yodadobe
Level 5

12 likes

Total Posts

298 posts

Correct Reply

10 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 10
Boost 1
View profile
yodadobe
Level 5

19-04-2012

Was anything like this ever implemented?