Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

Stalled and Retry (a bug?)

Not applicable
There are two approver tasks in this process

(both Initial participant are hard-coded user accounts),



before initiating the process,

the 2nd approver was deleted (using AdminUI, user management).



so, when the form got routed to him, it stalled (expected behavior).



Then I modified the Process map,

and assigned an existing user account to that 2nd User task.



Then I went to AdminUI, Process Management, Stalled items,

selected the stalled item, and clicked the "Retry"...



but unexpectedly, the process did not get back to the 2nd Approver task,

it moved on and completed the workflow as if the 2nd approver had processed that task already.



Isn't this a bug?



I am pretty sure that LiveCycle-7 or 6 did not do this, because I have done this Retry dozens of times. It would have put the workitem back to the 2nd approver's queue.



If ES doesn't put the workitem back into the task where it stalled, what's the "Retry" button for?



thanks

James
0 Replies
Jasmin_Charbonn
Level 10
Level 10
The retry should send it to the new (updated) user.



I ran a quick test here where I didn't assign user to my user step. At this point it stalled. I added a valid user to that user step and hit the retry button from Process Management/Stalled Operations (from adminui) and the task was sent to the updated user.



I'm not sure what went wrong in your case, but this should work.



Jasmin
Not applicable
I tried it again on the LCBA-100 Mortgage Application, and I got the same problem (I did it to the "VP Review" task, and it went straight to the notification step when I clicked the Retry).



I also tried creating a new process from scratch, and it didn't work, same problem.



I tried your scenario also -- blank user initially, then add a real user -- and it didn't work for me either.



This happened on two servers that I have access to, one's a Turnkey JBoss, the other is WebSphere. Both gave me the same behavior.



I don't know...
Not applicable
An update to this issue:



I got a response from Adobe's Support, they have logged a bug (#1643571) against this problem. Unclear when will it be fixed yet.



Before it's fixed, just be careful when you restart (retry) a stall.