Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Some Challenges facing in Desigening WF

Former Community Member
We are facing some challenges in designing the workflow as mentioned below.

The "Action" dropdown in forms is not getting populated. We added values in choice list in initform dialog box.We also selected "Include route name in form data" from designer when "User" QPAC was used.

We need to design a work flow in which initiator need to fill all the approvers userids. The total users are going to be in the range of 25-30. Once initiator submits the form, it should go to all the users sequentially(i.e. After first user approval,it moves to second user as mentioned in form field ). We are not able to locate array or similar data structure type to store userids. What will be recommended approach to store a group of variables which need to be used for workflow step?
10 Replies

Level 9
Hi

In order to see the Action dropdown, you actually need to put the action dropdown in your form - asd well as a whole lot of other required widgets. You can find these in a designer template at:

LiveCycleWorkflow7_SDK\Misc\Adobe LiveCycle Workflow Field.xfo

and documentation in Chapter 8 of "Designing Workflows".

Your second question is beyond the scope of a simple reply. It is possible, but it's not trivial. Let's take it offline.

Howard

Howard Treisman

Avoka Technologies

Specializing in Custom QPAC development and LiveCycle Solutions

http://www.avoka.com/avoka/qpac_library.shtml

Former Community Member
Thanks Howard,

We are facing one more problem at the time of submitting the Form it is not going to second user and our workflow is getting stalled showing error

"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/adobe/workflow/datatype/FormDataTypeInstanceImpl

at com.adobe.workflow.qpac.user.UserService.execute(UserService.java:221)"

we tried to locate "FormDataTypeInstanceImpl" and we find that the exact path of file is "com/adobe/workflow/datatype/forms/FormDataTypeInstanceImpl"

any suggestion.

Level 9
Hi

Well, the exception says that the class is missing from your classpath.

The file should be in C:\Adobe\LiveCycle\jboss\server\all\deploy\LiveCycle.ear, in a sub-jar called adobe-wkf.jar (which is the main workflow jar file).

I'd check whether this class exists in this jar. If it's not there, it's a bit of a mystery. My only suspicion is that Workflow wasn't installed correctly. I'd try re-installing, but given that the workflow designer runs okay, it seems very weird.

If it is there, then it may be some sort of classloader issue. Just a guess, but it may be something to do with the version of Java. I'm running JDK 1.4.2_8, and I've never encountered this problem.

Sorry I can't be of more help...

Howard

Former Community Member
Thanks Howard,

For your reply. We solved this problem earlier we were using an old version of QPAC but we got new set of QPAC and now it is refering to proper class.

Former Community Member
Hi,

We are facing a challenge in implementing the following logic in WorkFlow.

We need to have an id/counter which will be 4 digit,so the maximum value it can take is 9999 after which the id should be reset to 0.Then the id again starts from 1.

This id should be prepopulated in the form,like a form id, once it is open via Form manager.

How can we approach for this to be implemented in Work flow?

Level 9
Hi

There's no way I've ever found to pre-populate the initial form that you use to kick off a workflow. The only thing I've found that works is to use a dummy form to kick off the workflow, and tell the users to check their worklist after start it. Then in the workflow, calculate the values you need, and insert them into the form.

For your counter, you should be able to get away with a SQL qpac to get the next number, although there are some issues with concurrency. If you need a special QPAC written, let us know.

Howard

www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
You might want to try and link your form itself to a webservice that fires when the form first loads to pre-populate the form with whatever you want. I believe that there is an example of this for pre-populating the username in a form for the first form.

Former Community Member
Dave,

can u pls share the example/link to example with us.

Thanx

Former Community Member
Or you can use ADBC to connect directly to a database and retrieve info. One annoying issue I have with this is that if your form gets data from a web service or database, it will throw a security warning about the extra data source when you attempt to submit it to the Workflow Server.

Level 9
We're recently written a "Unique Number Generator" QPAC. It's used for generating invoice number, purchase order numbers, etc. You can specify a prefix and a suffix, and a format string e.g. IV-00001, IV-00002, etc. It uses database locking to ensure that two workflows cannot generate the same number at the same time. It does not do automatic wrapping at the moment, but we could add that feature quite easily. If anyone is interested in this qpac, let me know.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com