Expand my Community achievements bar.

SMTP Host Localhost - not server

Level 4
In workbench, when I try to run the Send With Map Of Attachments operation, it is trying to look at localhost for the smtp server. The admin client is configured correctly and is using our smtp server and the server sends out task notifications properly.

In the properties of the Send With Map Of Attachments, I have tried leaving the "Connection Settings" as "Use Configuration Options" so that the admin settings for smtp are used. It still tries to look at localhost. I've also tried deselecting "Use Configuration Options" and manually entering the smtp host host name and port, to no avail.

From workbench I am connected to the livecycle server, and from my laptop I can also ping the smtp server by dns name.

Please advise, thank you in advance --Elaine

Caused by: com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.SendMailFailedException: Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost, port: 25;

nested exception is:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.EmailServiceImpl.sendWithMapOfAttachments(EmailServiceImpl.java:768)
2 Replies

Level 4
One additional note: I noticed that my McAfee Virus Scan Access Protection Properties is set to "Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail" on port 25. Could this be preventing workbench from sending out the mail? Does workbench try to deliver the route the mail or does workbench pass it to the server to route?

Nonetheless, I still can't figure out why it insists on using "localhost".

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Regards,

Elaine

Level 10
The "Use Configuration Options" uses the configuration options of the "EmailService" service and not the configuration from the adminui. The configuration from the adminui is used by Process Manageement. This Email service is independent.

You can change the configuration of the EmailService service by going under the Component view in Workbench. Right click on EmailService:1.0 under Components/Email/Active Services and select "Edit Service Configuration" and change the server name there.

Jasmin