Expand my Community achievements bar.

Simple Question:

Former Community Member
Hi,

I'm new to Livecyle Designer and I was wondering how I could go about creating a form in a format other than 8x14. I've attempted to create new forms from scratch but it doesn't seem to offer me the opportunity to change the page size. I'm looking to change it to something legal or bigger.

Simple question, I know, but I can't find it for the life of me!

Any help would be appreciated.

S.
4 Replies

Former Community Member
That information is held in the Mater Pages. If you click on the Master Page link (beside the Design View). If that tab is not visible you can make it visible under the View menu. Make sure the Page1 node (under Master Pages) is selected. Now look in the object palette, under Master Page. There is a dropdown there for paper type (a number of different types are pre-defined) or you can create your own custom size there as well.

Former Community Member
Thanx so much of the tip. I now have a more complex question(at least for me!)...

My form currently contains a number of tables. These tables contain buttons which allow users to add or remove rows as required. In some cases, the tables can get quite lengthy and continue on the next page. However, the headers do not transfer over with the rows. Is there any way to configure the table headers to transfer over on the next page when the table does?

Thanx!

S.

Former Community Member
Yes ...in the table subform highlight the Row that is repeating. On the object palette there is a pgination tab. On that tab there are checkboxes that indicate what you want to do when the table flows onto a new page.

Level 10
If you check the sample files that shipped with Livecycle there's an example of this.

It will be under your Livecycle install folder in:

\EN\Samples\Forms\Purchase Order\Dynamic Interactive\Forms\Purchase Order.pdf

Note to Adobe - it would be nice if the sample files were in an easier-to-locate folder!