Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Simple calculation

Former Community Member
I am trying to add items in columns to get total, then add the 2 totals to get grand Total. I would also like to do this by row, using 3 cells and getting total.

I am self taught in this program and don't understand the script editor. Can I go into the Hierarchy window and copy the cells into the script. Is there an easy way (like excel) to do this function.
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Florence,

This is the same thing I want to do; however, I have check boxes that I would like to add values (scores) to so that when they are checked, the value is included in the sum.

Can you tell me how to add values to my check boxes. I'd greatly appreciate any help you could give me.

Thanks!!

Dean

Level 7
LiveCycle Designer has a 'Sum()' funciton that can add a listed series of fields. There are many veriattions on how form field names can be passed. You might want to view the "Extending LiveCycle Forms with JavaScript and FormCalc" eSeminar on demand at the Acrobat Users Community site, http://www.acrobatusers.com/ , to learn better how to add FormCalc and JavaScripts to LiveCycle Designer. There are also other post about using the 'Sum()' function.