Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Setting order of buttons

Former Community Member
The buttons at the bottom of Workspace created from route names seem to be listed in alphabetic order except for Approve. Is there a way to set the order? Can I make other buttons behave like Approve? I have two steps with the same user. The user wants the button to say Archive for the second step rather than Approve. That makes it appear first rather than last.
10 Replies

Level 10
Can't you just name your route "Archive" and set the "Initialize Task with Route name" under Routes and Priority?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Yes, I did that. And now Archive appears as the left most button. I would like it to appear as the right most button.

Former Community Member
S. Bishop

I'm not sure if this would be viable for you or not but the word "Approve" is detected by LiveCycle as a "special" route name and thus is going to be shoved all the way to the right. However the word "Approved" is not "special" and would result in "Archive" being the rightmost button.

As far as reordering the buttons goes, I'm not sure if there is a way to do so. If anybody knows of one, I would love to know myself!

Josh Boyle

jboyle@cardinalsolutions.com

Cardinal Solutions Group

Former Community Member
Yes, I am aware of the special characteristics of Approve. The same group of users have a Save on two steps, but the other button is either Approve or Archive. They swap places between the two steps.

It seems to me that ordering the buttons according to the route evaluation would make more sense. In the case of checking user must select..., route evaluation is irrelevant since there are no conditions on the routes.

At one point I was snooping through data in the database and found what I think may have been XML that defines the special buttons. I did not know Deny was one too, we use Reject. I was going to play around with it to see if I can make Archive have the same behavior as Approve and Reject as Deny. I also have one, Resubmit, which is like Approve for the originator after making changes.

Former Community Member
S. Bishop

I just returned to the forums and was going to mention the database table tb_ws_properties but it appears as though you've beat me to it!

This table holds the Admin Global properties for Workspace. You can edit them directly from in the database, or you can go into AdminUI, to the Workspace ES section, go into Global Administration, export the Admin Global Settings (it creates an XML document for you), edit the XML and import it back. Both will accomplish what you are looking for I believe.

Josh Boyle

jboyle@cardinalsolutions.com

Cardinal Solutions Group

Former Community Member
I tried modifying them. I did not get what I wanted. Adding Archive into the list for /client/specialRoutes/routes/approve/names just changes the Archive button to the Approve button.

I then added Archive to /client/specialRoutes/names

and these rows:

/client/specialRoutes/routes/Archive/names = archive,Archive

/client/specialRoutes/routes/Archive/style = buttonApprove

That made the word correct and it put the green check mark on it, but did not change the order.

Former Community Member
Note that it sorts alphabetically based on displayed name, not route name. I changed my route to "Z Archive" and added "Z Archive" in the database under /client/specialRoutes/routes/Archive/names. The order stayed the same.

Level 9
One solution is to remove the Form Augmenter step in Default render, and create multiple buttons directly in your form. Each of these can set a hidden field in the form, and then execute a click event on the real (hidden) submit button.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Level 10
...but then you don't have any button showing up in Workspace.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
I am using that approach to add a Save button on the form before it is launched. I would prefer it to be in Workspace.