Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Serive not being invoked by email receipt

Former Community Member
I'm attempting to initiate a simple workflow via an email message - the following entries are appearing in the server log, but there is no indication that my workflow is actually starting (i.e. is I search for the service using the admin interface I see nothing):

2007-11-21 13:32:05,687 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl] begins process emails:

2007-11-21 13:32:05,734 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl] done process emails:

2007-11-21 13:32:05,734 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl] unlock EmailSource : user2@kanatest.com@142.101.135.200

These messages seem to repeat a few times every second. I've checked the "Enable incoming messages" check box and configured a reference to my POP3 server and user account. The Repeat Period is set to 60 seconds which I take it to mean that the specified email address will be scanned for emails every 60 seconds.

I've also configured an email end-point for my service. I've set the Repeat Count to -1 and the Repeat Interval to 10 (is this 10 seconds?). I've left the User Name as SupeAdmin, and have configured the inbox host, port, email account etc. This all seems rather redundant since I've already setup most of these properties in the overal email system settings (why do I have to do it hear as well?). I've set the "Operation Name" to "invoke".
7 Replies

Level 10
The properties in the overall email system settings have nothing to do with the email endpoints. They are used for notifications when a user receives a new items or for notifiying an admin of stalled items.

The reason you setup the emails setting on the endpoint is because it allows you to have several email endpoints that uses different configuration.

Are you sure your email is being sent to the Inbox that's being polled?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Thanks Jasmin, <br /><br />I verified the account and it's fine. I think that the problem is that LiveCycle is appending the Inbox Host field to the User name field and arriving at an invalid account name... Since this is a test environment I placed the value "kanatest.com" in my hosts.ini file and left the user name as user2. This results in LiveCycle attempting to read from the email address user2@kanatest.com which is the correct email address... <br /><br />However, despite the above change, which I was sure would fix the problem, I'm still not seeing my service get invoked. Strangely, I did end up getting one instance in which the service DID run - the server log points to some sort of authentication error (part of the log is pasted below)... I'm not clear on what is wrong, however, since as far as I can tell everything is configured properly and I can use the same ID/PWD to logon to the email account using Outlook Express...<br /><br />in the endpoint I've set:<br /><br />Inbox Host: kanatest.com<br />Inbox User: user2<br />Inbox Password: <set to correct PWD><br /><br />in outlook I have the account set as:<br /><br />name: user2<br />email address: user2@kanatest.com<br /><br />What else can I check?<br /><br />java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException<br /> at com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.EmailServiceImpl.receive(EmailServiceImpl.java:265)<br /> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)<br /> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)<br /> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)<br /> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)<br /> at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:181)<br /> at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:134)<br /> at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:44)<br /> at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)<br /> at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.execute(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:336)<br /> at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doSupports(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:212)<br /> at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor361.invoke(Unknown Source)<br /> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)<br /> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)<br /> at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:345)<br /><br />2007-11-22 11:59:28,093 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl] begins process emails: <br />2007-11-22 11:59:28,140 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl] done process emails: <br />2007-11-22 11:59:28,140 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl] unlock EmailSource : user2@kanatest.com

Level 10
What LiveCycle user name are you using on your endpoint? That's the user it'll invoke the process as.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Jasmin,

I left the User Name field as SuperAdmin. When I configured the endpoint I gave all users in the default domain INVOKE_PERM and since SuperAdmin is in the default domain I thought this would work... is there something else I need to do? Also, I don't understand why I only got this authentication message once.

Level 10
If you send an email to user2 and then log to his account using a mail client, do you see the email there?

When you're logged to the mail client, can you send en email back to yourself (user2 to user2) to validate the email goes to the mail server and is sent back to the account properly.

All your configurations look fine, so I'm thinking it might be something with the mail server... but I might be wrong.

Are there any errors in the log? If you see the periodic poling, the endpoint is probably configured properly. I'm thinking the email doesn't reach the inbox for some reason.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Jasmin,

Yes, I'm able to logon to Outlook Express to the user2 account and I can see my messages. I'm able to send myself an email and I receive it with no problem. I'm also able to logon as another user and I can send user2 an email (user2@kanatest.com) and receive it.

There are a few entries in the server log that relate to the SuperAdmin account - do these in any way point to a problem related to the email issue?

2007-11-23 11:04:28,000 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl] begins process emails:

2007-11-23 11:04:28,171 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl] done process emails:

2007-11-23 11:04:28,187 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl] unlock EmailSource : user2@kanatest.com

2007-11-23 11:04:28,250 WARN [com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPLoggedException] UserM:GENERIC_WARNING: [Thread Hashcode: 10847857] | [com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.directoryservices.DirectoryServicesManagerBean] errorCode:13316 errorCodeHEX:0x3404 message:user_identifier:SuperAdmid domain:DefaultDom

2007-11-23 11:04:28,250 WARN [com.adobe.idp.common.util.IDPUtil] UserM:GENERIC_WARNING: [Thread Hashcode: 10847857] Failure cause: com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPSystemException: nullorigin: | [com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.directoryservices.DirectoryServicesManagerBean] errorCode:13316 errorCodeHEX:0x3404 message:user_identifier:SuperAdmid domain:DefaultDomtraced:

2007-11-23 11:04:28,250 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor] TransactionRolledbackLocalException in method: public abstract com.adobe.idp.um.api.infomodel.User com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.directoryservices.DirectoryServicesManager.getExpandedAuthenticatedUser(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,int) throws com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPException,com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPSystemException, causedBy:

com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPSystemException: nullorigin: | [com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.directoryservices.DirectoryServicesManagerBean] errorCode:13316 errorCodeHEX:0x3404 message:user_identifier:SuperAdmid domain:DefaultDom

at com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.directoryservices.DirectoryServicesManagerBean.getExpandedAuthenticatedUser(DirectoryServicesManagerBean.java:1181)

Level 10
I think you mis-spleed the SuperAdmin account. See the fooowing entry in the log:

10847857] | [com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.directoryservices.DirectoryServicesManagerBean] errorCode:13316 errorCodeHEX:0x3404 message:user_identifier:
SuperAdmid domain:DefaultDom

Look like you've put SuperAdmid instead.

Jasmin